|Status||In production (2013)|
|Variants||Electravia Electro Trike|
Design and development
The Alizés was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight category, including the category's maximum gross weight of 450 kg (992 lb). The aircraft also fits the US FAR 103 Ultralight Vehicles rules.
The Alizés features a cable-braced Ellipse Fuji hang glider-style high-wing, weight-shift controls, a single-seat open cockpit with no cockpit fairing, tricycle landing gear without wheel pants and a single engine in pusher configuration.
The Alizés is a very simple nanotrike and is made from bolted-together aluminum tubing, with its single surface wing covered in Dacron sailcloth. Its 10 m (32.8 ft) span wing is supported by a single tube-type kingpost and uses an "A" frame weight-shift control bar. The powerplant is a single cylinder, air-cooled, two-stroke, 22 hp (16 kW) Zenoah G25 engine. The aircraft has an empty weight of 72 kg (159 lb) and a gross weight of 170 kg (375 lb), giving a useful load of 98 kg (216 lb). With full fuel of 10 litres (2.2 imp gal; 2.6 US gal) the payload is 91 kg (201 lb).
Due to its single seat configuration and "niche appeal", the aircraft has not sold in large numbers.
- Ellipse Alizé
- Model sold by wing manufacturer La société Ellipse, with either the Fuji or Ellipse Titan CX strut-braced wing and powered by a Cors-Air 24 hp (18 kW) engine.
Data from Bertrand
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 10 m (32 ft 10 in)
- Wing area: 16 m2 (170 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 72 kg (159 lb)
- Gross weight: 170 kg (375 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 10 litres (2.2 imp gal; 2.6 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Zenoah G25 single cylinder, air-cooled, two stroke aircraft engine, 16 kW (22 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed wooden
- Maximum speed: 72 km/h (45 mph; 39 kn)
- Cruise speed: 55 km/h (34 mph; 30 kn)
- Stall speed: 38 km/h (24 mph; 21 kn)
- Rate of climb: 3.0 m/s (590 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 10.6 kg/m2 (2.2 lb/sq ft)
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 98. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster UK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 211. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DTA sarl.|