|No. 25 Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
|Date of birth:||June 3, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Mobile, Alabama|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Prichard (AL) Vigor|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 7 / Pick: 220|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice Squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Ellis Lankster (born June 3, 1987) is an American football cornerback who is currently a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Bills in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at West Virginia. He has also been a member of the New York Jets.
On August 15, 2009, in a preseason game against the Chicago Bears, Lankster intercepted Bears' backup quarterback Brett Basanez twice within a span of 64 seconds. Both turnovers led to touchdowns for Buffalo, ultimately helping them win the game 27-20.
Lankster got some playing time in the 2009 season as a cornerback in nickel defense situations, due to injuries to other defensive backs. Head coach Perry Fewell said of Lankster, "we think he's gotten better every week for us." He finished the 2009 season with five tackles.
Buffalo released Lankster on the deadline for final roster adjustments in the 2010 preseason, September 4.
Lankster was signed by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League on October 11, 2010. He did not play for Hamilton during his time with the club, rather he learned the intricacies of Canadian football.
New York Jets
Lankster signed a future contract with the New York Jets on January 5, 2011. He was waived on September 2. He was re-signed to the active roster on October 11. His playing time greatly increased in 2012, including significant assignments covering fast receivers, following an injury to Isaiah Trufant. He was released on September 1, 2014. He was re-signed on September 12. He was released on September 23, 2014.
Buffalo Bills (II)
Lankster signed with the Buffalo Bills on August 17, 2015. The signing marked his return to the team that drafted him. He joined his previous head coach Rex Ryan. He was released by the team on August 31.
Hamilton Tiger-Cats (II)
- "Bobcat Football Bobcats In NFL". Jones County Junior College. September 8, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Bronstein, Jonah (August 16, 2009). "BILLS: Ellis Lankster Rookie Card". Niagara Gazette. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Gaughan, Mark (November 21, 2009). "Bills notebook: Defensive injuries continue to mount". The Buffalo News. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- "Ellis Lankster Profile ESPN". espn.com. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- Jones, Tony. "Tough Decisions Made as Bills set 53-man Roster". Buffalobills.com. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- Edwards, Drew (October 12, 2010). "Ticats can get win and get in". Hamilton Spectator.
- Edwards, Drew (October 14, 2010). "New Ticat defensive backs learning as they go". Hamilton Spectator.
- "NFL transactions for January 5, 2011". Pro Football Weekly. January 5, 2011. Archived from the original on January 8, 2011. Retrieved January 8, 2011.
- Mehta, Manish (September 3, 2011). "Jets trim roster to 53; make two trades". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on September 13, 2011. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- Jets Media Relations Department (October 11, 2011). "CB Lankster Returns, LB Jones Waived". New York Jets. Archived from the original on October 12, 2011. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Martin, Kimberley A. (November 19, 2012). "Jets' Ellis Lankster draws tough assignment on Pats' Wes Welker". Newsday. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- Lange, Randy (September 1, 2014). "A.J. Edds Returns, Ellis Lankster Departs". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 1, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- Mazzeo, Mike (September 12, 2014). "New York Jets re-sign CB Ellis Lankster". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on September 13, 2014. Retrieved September 13, 2014.
- Associated Press (September 23, 2014). "Jets release Ellis Lankster, sign Brandon Smith". Yahoo! Sports. Archived from the original on September 26, 2014. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Four more signings for Tiger-Cats | AM900 CHML | Hamilton News". Retrieved 2016-04-19.