This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Aliter Cogitare Aude|
|President||Virginia Carlin, Ed.D|
Ellis University was an accredited online for-profit college, based in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois. The university offered online and in class undergraduate degrees in child development, interdisciplinary studies, accounting, business administration, and computer science, and graduate degrees in communications, business administration, and computer science. Ellis University was accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). Ellis University was issued a show cause by DEAC and, while operating under threat of removal of accreditation, withdrew its accreditation on September 29, 2016. On December 1, 2016 Ellis University ceased operations after a show-cause was issued by their accreditor.
It was bought in 2012 and changed its name to John Hancock University. In 2015, it changed its name back to Ellis University.
- Bachelor of Arts in Child Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Arts in Communication Arts
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- "Message from the President | Ellis University". ellis.edu. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "Ellis University - Stats, Info and Facts". Cappex. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Undergraduate Degrees | Ellis University". ellis.edu. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "Online Graduate Degrees". ellis.edu. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "About Ellis University". Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "Inside Higher Ed | Breaking Up Is Hard to Do". Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "Accredited Online Universities". Innovativelearning.com. Retrieved 2017-07-05.