|Administrative region||Ionian Islands|
|• Municipal unit||56.017 km2 (21.628 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||3,570|
|• Municipal unit density||64/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||311 00|
|Website||ellomenou.gr[permanent dead link]|
Ellomenos (Greek: Ελλομένος) is a former municipality on the island of Lefkada, Ionian Islands, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Lefkada, of which it is a municipal unit. It is located in the southeastern part of the island, and has a land area of 56.017 km². Its population was 3,570 at the 2011 census. The seat of the municipality was in the town of Nydri (pop. 971). Its next largest towns are Vlychó (440), Perigiáli (315), and Kallithéa (428).
The municipal unit Ellomenos is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Charadiatika (Charadiatika, Alatro, Steno)
- Katochori (Katochori, Desimi)
- Neochori (Neochori, Kallithea, Agios Christoforos, islet Madouri)
- Nydri (Nydri, Rachi)
- Platystoma (Platystoma, Perigiali)
- Poros (Poros, Mikros Gialos)
- Vlycho (Vlycho, Geni)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
- Official website[permanent dead link] (in English) (in Greek)
- Ellomenos on GTP Travel Pages (in English and Greek)
|This Ionian Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|