Location of Elmadağ, Ankara within Turkey.
|• Governor||Osman Kaymak|
|• Mayor||Gazi Şahin (AKP)|
|• District||568.07 km2 (219.33 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,135 m (3,724 ft)|
|• District density||77/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Elmadağ is a town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. According to 2010 census, population of the district is 43,311 of which 42,099 live in the town of Elmadağ. The district covers an area of 568 km2 (219 sq mi), and the average elevation is 1,135 m (3,724 ft), with the highest point being Mt. İdris at 1,995 m (6,545 ft).
Places of interest
Elmadağ (1,862 m.) is also a small mountain beside the town, 45 km from the cıty of Ankara on the road to Kırıkkale. Residents of Ankara often visit the area for picnics and to learn to ski or snowboard during the skiing season which lasts from December until March. There are hotels, student accommodation, cafes and places selling hot-dogs and other apres-ski food.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-29.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Elmadağ, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-29.
- Governorship of Elmadağ, Turkey. "Brief history and geography of Elmadağ" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2008-02-13. Retrieved 2008-03-29.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Elmadağ Social Network (Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|