Elmer School District
|Elmer School District|
Elmer, NJ 08318
|Superintendent||Dr. Stephen E. Berkowitz|
|Business administrator||Henry Bermann|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||76 (as of 2007-08)|
|District Factor Group||CD|
The Elmer School District was a community public school district that served students in kindergarten through fourth grade from the Borough of Elmer in Salem County, New Jersey, United States. The district also operated The Learning Center in Elmer School for infants through PreK-4. At a meeting conducted in June 2009, the Elmer Board of Education voted to merge with the Pittsgrove Township School District and would send all of its students as part of the send-receive relationship.
For fifth through twelfth grades, public school students attended Pittsgrove Township Middle School (5-8) and then Arthur P. Schalick High School (9-12), in Pittsgrove Township, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Pittsgrove Township School District.
The district was classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J. Elmer School District is now merged with Pittsgrove Township School District.
Elmer School had 76 students as of the 2007-08 school year.
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Dr. Stephen E. Berkowitz, Superintendent / Principal
- Henry Bermann, Board Secretary / School Business Administrator
- District information for the Elmer Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Dailey, Jennifer. "Elmer BOE OKs merger", The Gloucester County Times , June 18, 2009. Accessed September 8, 2010.
- 2005 New Jersey Legislative District Data Book, Rutgers University Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, April 2006, p. 19.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- School Data for the Elmer School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 3, 2009.
- Salem County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Elmer School Staff, 2009-2010, Elmer School. Accessed December 3, 2009.
- Elmer School website
- Elmer School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Elmer School, National Center for Education Statistics