Approaching Elmira from the south
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
In approximately 1905, Elmira Road and the surrounding area was homesteaded by Henry and Celia Faulhaber along with their children Leon, Neil and Mildred. Sometime between 1905 and 1916 Elmira Road was donated back to the county by Henry Faulhaber and later renamed Faulhaber Road.
Elmira is served by the Fern Ridge School District (28J), which has three schools: Elmira Elementary School, Fern Ridge Middle School, and Elmira High School. Lane Community College offers credit and non-credit classes at the Elmira Community Learning Center.
- "Names of Lane County Communities Reveal Interesting Histories, Anecdotes". Eugene Register-Guard. 4 January 1942. p. 4. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; Lewis L. McArthur (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. ISBN 0-87595-277-1.
- Neil Faulhaber (October 29, 1983). "Tape recording" (Interview). Interview with Lora Keenan. Veneta, Oregon.
3. Inman, Loris. “Elmira, Oregon - A Photo Story." Lane County Historian Vol. XXIII, No. 3. Fall, 1978. http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/10797/Vol_23_No_3_Fal_1978.pdf?sequence=1
4. Dailey, Charles. "Lane County, Oregon, West of I5 Except Eugene." Pioneer History—to about 1900, Churches of Christ and Christian Churches in the Pacific Northwest. October 9, 2009. http://ncbible.org/nwh/OrLaneWest.html
- Media related to Elmira, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons
- Fern Ridge School District
- LCC Elmira Community Learning Center
|This Lane County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|