elmo (shogi engine)
Combined with the やねうら王 (yaneura ou) search, Elmo became the champion of the 27th annual World Computer Shogi Championship (世界コンピュータ将棋選手権) in May 2017. However, in the Den Ō tournament (将棋電王戦) in November 2017, Elmo was not able to make it to the top five engines losing to 平成将棋合戦ぽんぽこ (1st), shotgun (2nd), ponanza (3rd), 読み太 (4th), and Qhapaq_conflated (5th).
In October 2017, DeepMind claimed that its program AlphaZero, after two hours of massively parallel training, began to exceed Elmo's performance. With a full nine hours of training, AlphaZero defeated Elmo in a 100-game match, winning 90, losing 8, and drawing two.
- "The 27th World Computer Shogi Championship". Computer Shogi Association. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "第27回 世界コンピュータ将棋選手権は新星「elmo」が制覇！ ～評価関数と定跡が公開" (in Japanese). 11 May 2017. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "第5回 将棋電王トーナメント - niconico". denou.jp.
- David Silver, Thomas Hubert, Julian Schrittwieser, Ioannis Antonoglou, Matthew Lai, Arthur Guez, Marc Lanctot, Laurent Sifre, Dharshan Kumaran, Thore Graepel, Timothy Lillicrap, Karen Simonyan, Demis Hassabis (5 December 2017). "Mastering Chess and Shogi by Self-Play with a General Reinforcement Learning Algorithm". arXiv:1712.01815 [cs.AI].
- "DeepMind's AI became a superhuman chess player in a few hours, just for fun". The Verge. Retrieved 2017-12-06.
- "【公式】コンピュータ将棋ソフト「elmo」導入方法". mk-takizawa.github.io.
- "将棋GUIソフト「将棋所」のページ". www.geocities.jp.
- "ShogiGUI". shogigui.siganus.com.
- elmo Github page (in Japanese)
- YaneuraOu Github page (in Japanese)
- コンピュータ将棋ソフト「elmo」導入方法 · the elmo developer's how-to page (in Japanese)
- 将棋フリーソフト レーティング: How to install Yaneuraou with third party evaluation files/opening books and Gikou2
|This shogi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|