A residential street in Elmwood
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Karen Leibovici|
|• Total||1.02 km2 (0.39 sq mi)|
|Elevation||674 m (2,211 ft)|
|• Density||2,561.8/km2 (6,635/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-0.9%|
Elmwood is a neighbourhood in west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada that was a part of the Town of Jasper Place prior to Jasper Place's amalgamation with Edmonton in 1964. It is a residential neighbourhood located to the south east of West Edmonton Mall and to the south west of Meadowlark Park Centre. Residents also have ready access to the Misericordia Community Hospital located just north of Elmwood in the neighbourhood of West Meadowlark Park.
The neighbourhood is bounded by 87 Avenue on the north, 159 Street on the east, Whitemud Drive to the south, and 170 Street to the west. In addition to West Meadowlark Park, other residential neighbourhoods located around Elmwood are Meadowlark Park to the northeast, Lynnwood to the east, Patricia Heights and Westridge to the south, Callingwood North to the southwest, Thorncliff to the west, and Summerlea to the northwest.
Located just to the north of Whitemud Drive, with entry ramps at both 159 Street and 170 Street, residents of Elmwood have easy access to destinations on the south side, including Whyte Avenue and the University of Alberta, and Fort Edmonton Park.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Elmwood had a population of  a -0.9% change from its 2009 population of 2,637. With a land area of 1.02 km2 (0.39 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,561.8 people/km2 in 2012.2,613 living in 1,070 dwellings,
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
||Summerlea||West Meadowlark Park
|This Edmonton Capital Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|