Elon Cody Starbuck
Elon Cody Starbuck is a fictional space pirate created by American comics artist Howard Chaykin. He first appeared in Star Reach magazine issue #1 (1974), and also appeared in various issues of the graphics magazine Heavy Metal.
Like Chaykin's Ironwolf, Dominic Fortune and Monark Starstalker, Starbuck is a swashbuckling, "morally ambivalent, free-wheeling good/bad guy in a decadent, sexually explicit universe, who looks more than a little bit like [Chaykin] himself."
- Star*Reach #1 – first appearance; 16 pages, black and white. A planetary lord hired Starbuck to rescue his bride, who had been kidnapped for ransom by a monk of the Sanctuary of St.Berryl, a former leper colony.
- Star*Reach #4: The Return of Cody Starbuck (1976)
- Cody Starbuck one-shot, published by Star*Reach, 1978
- Portfolio of four full-colour prints, published by S.Q. Productions, 1980
- Heavy Metal Vol. 5 No. 2, May 1981, p. 48–59 and back cover
- Heavy Metal Vol. 5 No. 3, June 1981, p. 82–89
- Heavy Metal Vol. 5 No. 4, July 1981, p. 82–89
- Heavy Metal Vol. 5 No. 5, August 1981, p. 82–89
- Heavy Metal Vol. 5 No. 6, September 1981, p. 34–43
- The Star*Reach Companion, 2013
- Forgotten Comics: Howard Chaykin’s Cody Starbuck.
- Clute, John; John Grant. The Encyclopedia of Fantasy.
- Howard Chaykin: Back to the Drawing Board
- Permanent Damage
- Howard Chaykin & The Swashbuckling Space Pirates
- Comic Vine
- Page at Mike Friedrich Reaches for Stars
- Don Markstein, Toonopedia
- Page at The Bronze Age of Blogs
|This article about a character from a science fiction book, story, film, or game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.