Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future is Ashlee Vance's biography of Elon Musk, published in 2015. The book traces Elon Musk's life from his childhood up to the time he spent at Zip2 and PayPal, and then onto SpaceX, Tesla, and SolarCity. In the book, Vance managed to get regular interviews with Musk, those close to him, and those who were with him at the most important points of his life; Musk had no control over the biography's contents.
The Washington Post
The Washington Post wrote that "the book is a tremendous look into arguably the world's most important entrepreneur. Vance paints an unforgettable picture of Musk's unique personality, insatiable drive and ability to thrive through hardship."
The New York Times
The New York Times reviewer wrote, "Mr. Vance delivers a well-calibrated portrait of Mr. Musk, so that we comprehend both his friends and his enemies. It's a book with many ancillary pleasures. Mr. Vance brings us up to date on the states of green energy and space launches. He also veers away from his subject just often enough, offering profiles of the frequently brilliant people who work alongside Mr. Musk. The best thing Mr. Vance does in this book, though, is tell Mr. Musk's story simply and well."
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It was declared one of the best books of 2015 by The Wall Street Journal, NPR, Amazon.com, Fast Company and Audible. The book spent several months on The New York Times best-seller list and has been a best-seller throughout the world. It has been translated into 40 languages.
- ‘Elon Musk,’ a Biography by Ashlee Vance, Paints a Driven Portrait The New York Times, May 12, 2015
- McFarland, Matt (2015-05-11). "The 22 most memorable quotes from the new Elon Musk book, ranked". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- Garner, Dwight (2015-05-12). "'Elon Musk,' a Biography by Ashlee Vance, Paints a Driven Portrait". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- How to Make a Spaceship (2016 book) by Julian Guthrie, about the Ansari X Prize
- The Right Stuff (1979 book) by Tom Wolfe, about the U.S. side of the Space Race
|This article about a book on outer space or spaceflight is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This rocketry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book whose subject was born in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book on businesspeople is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|