Najathul Islam Masjidh, Eloor North
|• Total||14.21 km2 (5.49 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||North Paravur|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ernakulam|
|Climate||Tropical monsoon (Köppen)|
|Avg. summer temperature||35 °C (95 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||20 °C (68 °F)|
Eloor is a suburb of Kochi and a municipality in Paravur Taluk, Ernakulam District in the Indian state of Kerala, India. It is an industrial area north of Cochin. It is an island of 14.21 km² formed between two distributaries of river Periyar and is the largest industrial belt in Kerala.The Neighbouring Places of Eloor are Kalamassery industrial hub, Aluva, Cheranalloor and Paravur.
Eloor Moopans the traditional landlords in this area. Kottakunnu the highland has seen revolts. In 1886 Keralas first private hospital formed here St. Josephs Hospital.The historic and oldest temple here is Manjummel Sree Krishna Swami temple and the whole manjummel belonged to temple and the deity here Sree Krishna Swamy is being called as Deshanathan.
There are more than 200 industries of different kinds e.g., Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore (FACT), Indian Rare Earths Limited, Hindustan Insecticides Limited and many others manufacturing a range of products like chemical-petrochemical products, , rare earth elements, rubber processing chemicals, fertilizers, zinc/chromium compounds and leather products.
As of 2001[update] India census, Eloor had a population of 30,092. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Eloor has an average literacy rate of 84%, somewhat higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 86%, and female literacy is 81%.
Educational institutions in the area include
- FACT Public School,Eloor.
- St. Ann's Higher Secondary School Eloor
- MES Udyogmandal School
- Guardian Angels Public School, Manjummel
- MES Eastern UP School
- Govt. L.P. School, Eloor South,
- Govt. U.P School, Kuttikattukara
- Kasthurba English Medium School,Manjummel.
- Crescent Kinter Garden, Eloor North
- Pathalam Govt. Higher Secondary School
- ESI Hospital, Pathalam
- St. Joseph's Hospital, Manjummel
- Primary Helth Center Eloor Depot
- Shankar Pharmacy
- Pattupurakkal Devi Temple
- Balasubramanya Temple, Eloor Depot
- Sree subramanya Temple,Sree Kumara Vilasam Sabha,SN Nagar, Manjummel
- SNDP Branch,1071,SN Nagar,Manjummel.
- SN Samoohya Seva Sangam,SN Nagar,Manjummel.
- Sree Krishna Swami Temple, Manjummel
- Naranath Sree Krishna Swami Temple
- Kuttakav Bhagavathy Temple
- Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, Manjummel
- Elanjickal Bhagavathy Kshetram
- Elanjickal Mahadeva Kshetram
- Elanjickal Nagaraja Kshetram
- FACT Central Juma Masjid, Fact Jn.
- Eloor Juma Masjid
- Najathul Islam Masjid, Eloor North
- Vayalvaramkavu Bhagavathy Temple Eloor Methanam
- St. Antony's Church, Eloor Ferry road
- St. Joseph's Church, Eloor Ferry
- Christ the king Church, Eloor Depot
- St. Ann's Church, Eloor
- Noorul Huda Masjid ELOOR DEOPOT
- Parur – Eloor Fact jn – Muttar road
- Parur(Thattapilly) – Panayikulam - Eramam - Muppathadam road
- Kalamassery – Mulavukad NH road via FACT township
- Kalamassery - Pathalam – UC College road
- Manjummel – Kalamassery road
- Eloor Ferry – Edamula road
- Eloor - Methanam Road (Methanam Bridge)
- M. K. K. Nair, former chairman and MD - Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore
- Siji Babu, Municipal Chairperson Eloor
- Payyapilly Balan (Writer)
- Mecartin, Film director
- Biju Chembalayat, Art Director (Print Media)
- Beena Antony
- Pattanam Rasheed
- Purushan Eloor
- Eloor George
- Teenu Tellence
- M. S. Moorthy (councilor)
- Sethu E. K. President, Eloor Service Co-operative Bank
- A. D. Sujil, vice chairman - Eloor Municipality
- Vargees Vadassery Drama Artist
FACT Stadium is the cradle of Cochin football lovers. Many other athletes also contributed by this village.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eloor.|