|• Total||14.21 km2 (5.49 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Nearest city||Aluva, North Paravoor,Edappaly|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ernakulam|
|Climate||Tropical monsoon (Köppen)|
|Avg. summer temperature||35 °C (95 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||20 °C (68 °F)|
Eloor is a suburb of Kochi and a municipality in Paravur Taluk, Ernakulam District in the Indian state of Kerala, India. It is an industrial area situated around 13 kilometres (8.1 miles) north of the city centre. It is an island of 14.21 km² formed between two distributaries of river Periyar and is the largest industrial belt in Kerala.The neighbouring places of Eloor are Kalamassery industrial hub, Aluva, Cheranalloor and Paravur.
Eloor Moopans the traditional landlords in this area. Kottakunnu the highland has seen revolts. In 1886 Keralas first private hospital formed here St. Josephs Hospital.The historic and oldest temple here is Manjummel Sree Krishna Swami temple, the deity here Sree Krishna Swamy is being called as Deshanathan.
There are close to 300 industries of different kinds along the industrial belt including Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore (FACT), Indian Rare Earths Limited, Hindustan Insecticides Limited and many others manufacturing a range of products like chemical-petrochemical products, rare-earth elements, rubber-processing chemicals, fertilizers, zinc/chromium compounds and leather products.
As of 2001[update] India census, Eloor had a population of 30,092. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Eloor has an average literacy rate of 84%, somewhat higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 86%, and female literacy is 81%.
Educational institutions in the area include
- FACT Public School,Eloor.
- St. Ann's Higher Secondary School Eloor
- MES Udyogmandal School
- Guardian Angels Public School, Manjummel
- MES Eastern UP School
- Govt. L.P. School, Eloor South,
- Govt. U.P School, Kuttikattukara
- Kasthurba English Medium School,Manjummel.
- Crescent Kinter Garden, Eloor North
- Pathalam Govt. Higher Secondary School
- scale and pencil architectural academy, manjummel www.scaleandpencil.com
- ESI Hospital, Pathalam
- St. Joseph's Hospital, Manjummel
- Primary Health Center Eloor Depot
- Shankar Pharmacy
- Pattupurakkal Devi Temple
- Balasubramanya Temple, Eloor Depot
- Sree subramanya Temple,Sree Kumara Vilasam Sabha,SN Nagar, Manjummel
- SNDP Branch,1071,SN Nagar,Manjummel.
- SN Samoohya Seva Sangam,SN Nagar,Manjummel.
- Sree Krishna Swami Temple, Manjummel
- Naranath Sree Krishna Swami Temple
- Kuttakav Bhagavathy Temple
- Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, Manjummel
- Elanjickal Bhagavathy Kshetram
- Elanjickal Mahadeva Kshetram
- Elanjickal Nagaraja Kshetram
- FACT Central Juma Masjid, Fact Jn.
- Eloor Juma Masjid
- Najathul Islam Masjid, Eloor North
- Vayalvaramkavu Bhagavathy Temple Eloor Methanam
- St. Antony's Church, Eloor Ferry road
- St. Joseph's Church, Eloor Ferry
- Christ the king Church, Eloor Depot
- St Thomas Church Kuttikkatukara,Eloor
- St. Ann's Church, Eloor
- Noorul Huda Masjid ELOOR DEOPOT
- Sree Bhuvaneshwari Temple, Manjummel
- Sree Krishna Vilasam N.S.S Karayogam, Manjummel
ELOOR KIZHAKKUMBHAGAM DEVI KSRETHRAM.(ഏലൂർ കിഴക്കും ഭാഗം ദേവി ക്ഷേത്രം).
SNDP 1304 ELOOR EAST
- Beena Antony
- Rafi Mecartin, Film director
- Biju Chembalayat, Art Director Branding
- Pattanam Rasheed
FACT Stadium is the cradle of Cochin football lovers. Many other athletes also contributed by this village.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eloor.|