Room warming up for Vitesse in 2012.
|Full name||Eloy Victor Room|
|Date of birth||6 February 1989|
|Place of birth||Nijmegen, Netherlands|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Go Ahead Eagles (loan)||20||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23 March 2017
Eloy Victor Room (born 6 February 1989) is a Curaçaoan professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Dutch club Vitesse in the Eredivisie. He formerly played on loan for Go Ahead Eagles. In Vitesse Arnhem, Room is the first Curaçao gold rated player on all FIFA video game modes in all years.
After impressing for the Vitesse youth sides, Room was promoted to the first-team squad for the 2008/09 campaign. On 8 March 2009, Room made his Vitesse debut in a 1–0 defeat against Volendam, replacing the injured Piet Velthuizen in the 13th minute. On 18 April 2009, Room was given his first Vitesse start by manager Theo Bos in a 2–1 victory against AZ. Room made his breakthrough in the Vitesse first-team squad in the 2010/11 campaign, following Piet Velthuizen's departure to Spanish side Hércules, appearing thirty-three times in the league out of a possible thirty-four. However, after only a year, former first choice goalkeeper Piet Velthuizen re-joined the Dutch side after struggling to adapt in Spain, therefore displacing Room once again.
On 30 June 2013, Room joined Go Ahead Eagles on a season-long loan, to gain first-team football. On 4 August 2013, Room made his Go Ahead Eagles debut in a 1–1 draw with Utrecht. On 29 January 2014, six months later, Room's loan deal at Go Ahead Eagles was cut short by Vitesse, due to an injury to back-up goalkeeper Marko Meerits. Room left Go Ahead Eagles after making twenty league starts and two cup appearances.
Although Room returned to Vitesse, he failed to make an appearance in the remainder of the 2013/14 campaign due to Velthuizen's impressive form. In the 2014/15 campaign, Room finally displaced long-term goalkeeper Velthuizen after some disappointing displays. Room went on to appear in all thirty-four league fixtures in Vitesse's 2015/16 campaign, he also played the entirety of their KNVB Cup and UEFA Europa League campaign as well.
- As of match played 30 April 2017.
|Go Ahead Eagles (loan)||2013–14||Eredivisie||20||0||2||0||—||—||22||0|
- "Elroy Room en Joel Saro geselecteerd door bondscoach Patrick Kluivert voor Curaçao" (in Dutch). Het voetbalportaal van Gelderland. 16 May 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Volendam vs. Vitesse". Soccerway. 8 March 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "AZ vs. Vitesse". Soccerway. 18 April 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Eloy Room". From Arnhem With Love. 30 June 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Utrecht vs. Go Ahead Eagles". Soccerway. 4 August 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Injury crisis sees Eloy Room return to Vitesse". Football Oranje. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Soca Warriors stumble in Curacao 1-0". Guardian.co.tt. 7 June 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Kluivert en Curaçao vertrouwen op 'sublieme Room'". Nos.nl. 9 June 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a goalkeeper, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|