|Elevation||246 ft (75 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||117963|
Elrod is an unincorporated community in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, United States. Elrod is located on County Route 15, 13.3 miles (21.4 km) west-northwest of Tuscaloosa. Elrod has a post office with ZIP code 35458. Elrod was renamed from Sipsey Turnpike in 1898 after the Mobile and Ohio Railroad reached the community. It was named in honor of William W. Elrod, a local physician.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Elrod has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "Elrod". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Tuscaloosa County, Alabama General Highway Map (PDF) (Map). Alabama Department of Transportation. 2008. Retrieved March 11, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Foscue, Virginia (1989). Place Names in Alabama. Tuscaloosa: The University of Alabama Press. p. 52. ISBN 0-8173-0410-X.
- Climate Summary for Elrod, Alabama
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|