Els Amics de les Arts
Els amics de les arts
Playing in Verges in 2011
|Labels||Pistatxo Records, Discmedi|
Joan Enric Barceló
Els Amics de les Arts is one of the most important bands of what some have called the new wave of Catalan folk-pop. Their songs are short stories made with simple melodies, touches of electronic music, wordplay and lots of irony.
Catalonautes (Pistatxo Records, 2005) was the band's first demo album. It contained their first four songs, recorded at home in one afternoon. This was the first and the last album they planned to make. However, as a result of feedback they decided to make a second demo.
Roulotte Polar (Pistatxo Records, 2006) was completed a year and a half later. They all went on an Erasmus exchange, each to a different place, but they wrote the songs together through Skype and recorded them in their winter holidays, in December 2007.
Castafiore Cabaret (Pistatxo Records, 2008) was the group’s first recorded album, with six self-produced songs. They sent 8,000 copies to the magazine Enderrock and started making homemade videos: Déjà-vu and A vegades ("Sometimes"). They started the Castafiore Tour across Catalonia and their music spread by word of mouth. They considered, for the first time, recording a second album in a professional studio.
Bed&Breakfast (Discmedi, 2009) came out in 2009. They started touring, hiring five musicians for their gigs. The album has been awarded many prestigious prizes. It became a Double Gold Album (more than 45,000 copies sold) and spent 74 weeks among the top-selling albums. They rounded up the tour with a double concert at the Palau de la Música Catalana in Barcelona.
The new album Espècies per Catalogar (Discmedi, 2012) ("Species to be catalogued") represents a step forward both musically and lyrically. In the week of its release, the album reached number 1 in sales on iTunes and number 4 in the Spanish Promusicae Chart (Spain’s official music chart). The twelve songs on the album are composed of melodies that blend organic instrumentation with electronic beats.
In April 2014 they publish his third studio album "Només d'entrar hi ha sempre el dinosaure" (Discmedi, 2014). It definitely establishes them as one of the most important Catalan bands of the decade with unquestioned singles such as "Ja no ens passa" and "Preferiria no fer-ho". They tour around Catalonia, Spain, the UK and Ireland. They get their third Spanish Gold Record (more than 20.000 copies).
In 2015, to celebrate their 10th anniversary they performed three special shows in which they played with a Big Band. During their last concert they received on stage their first Platinum Record for the 45.000 copies of their debut album "Bed and Breakfast" (2009)
Currently, the band is composing new songs.
- Joan Enric Barceló Fàbregas (2005 - present): voice and acoustic guitar.
- Ferran Piqué Fargas (2005 - present): voice and electric guitar.
- Dani Alegret Ruiz (2005 - present): voice, piano and hammond organ.
- Castafiore Cabaret (Pistatxo Records, 2008)
- Bed & Breakfast (Discmedi, 2009)
- Espècies per catalogar (Discmedi, 2012)
- Tenim dret a fer l'animal (CD+DVD live) (Discmedi, 2013)
- Només d'entrar hi ha sempre el dinosaure (Discmedi, 2014)
- La taula petita EP (Pistatxo Records / Clippers, 2015)
- 10 anys (CD+DVD Live) (Pistatxo Records, 2015)
- Catalonautes (Pistatxo Records, 2005)
- Roulotte Polar (Pistatxo Records, 2007)
- Càpsules Hoi-poi [Disc de rareses] (Pistatxo Records, 2009)
- Les mans plenes (Pistatxo Records, 2009) – Cooperation with the fanzine Malalletra
- Non-non (Pistatxo Records, 2009) – Cooperation with the fanzine Malalletra'
- Submarí Pop. Tributo catalán a The Beatles (Grup Enderrock, 2010) – Compilation
- Bed & Breakfast Special Edition (Discmedi, 2010)
- The city between blue and blue official song of the 15th FINA World Championships Barcelona 2013
- Monsieur Costeau official clip of his album Espècies per catalogar
- Making of Monsieur Costeau
- Microdocus. 16th European Baloon Festival Documentary series of the tour (1) Espècies per catalogar
- Microdocus. Cap Roig Festival Documentary series of the tour (2) Espècies per catalogar
- Microdocus. Grec Festival Documentary series of the tour (3) Espècies per catalogar
- Microdocus. Porta Ferrada Festival Documentary series of the tour (4) Espècies per catalogar
- Violeta Gumà; Pau Cortina; Marta Lacima (30 April 2012). "Catalan pop band 'Els Amics de les Arts' are presenting their new album". Catalan News Agency. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 September 2013. Retrieved 26 September 2013.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Eduard Costa abandona Els Amics de les Arts". www.ara.cat. 12 November 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Els Amics de les Arts.|