Els Coppens-van de Rijt
Coppens-van de Rijt was born in Sint-Oedenrode, as one of twins to a Roman Catholic family with 11 children. She studied at the Design Academy Eindhoven with Kees Bol and Jan Gregoor and at the Art Academy of Maastricht. Here she met her husband, sculptor Joep Coppens.
After her studies she made name as a painter, in particular of portraits. She ceased painting, however, due to having the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Since, she has been writing among others on her Christian belief.
- 1996 - The other reality
- 1997 - I stayed at the edge of the river
- 2002 - Frank letters of belief ISBN 90-806908-1-3
- 2008 - Martien Coppens, from village boy to city man (with Joep Coppens)
- Leo Brabander: Ziekte en lijden voegen iets toe aan ons leven (Dutch: Disease and suffering add something to our lives), book chapter on Els Coppens van de Rijt in Geloven in Nederland. (Dutch: Believing in the Netherlands). Kampen: Kok, 2006, p. 38-43. ISBN 90-435-1303-2
- Joep en Els Coppens. Neerpelt: De Dommelhof, 1971.
|This article about a Dutch painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|