Elsa Anna Sofie Hosk
7 November 1988
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
Elsa Anna Sofie Hosk (born 7 November 1988) is a Swedish model and current Victoria's Secret Angel, who has worked for brands including Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Free People, Ungaro, H&M, Anna Sui, Lilly Pulitzer and Guess. She modeled for Victoria's Secret, appearing in the brand's annual fashion show from 2011 to 2018. She has also appeared in many of the brand's campaigns, especially for the sub-division PINK. In 2015, she was announced as one of 10 new Victoria's Secret Angels. She has also played professional basketball in Sweden.
Growing up in Sweden, Hosk was presented with offers to model during high school after her father submitted photographs to various modeling agencies in Sweden when she was 13; she began modeling at 14. She did some modeling in high school but decided to primarily concentrate on her studies instead (she did some notable work with Guess and other companies however). After graduating, she decided to pursue a career in the Swedish women's basketball league. Hosk has commented that the level of play in the Swedish professional basketball league was not on par with the WNBA, and that interest in the sport was not as great in Sweden as in the United States. Although she ultimately abandoned professional basketball for modeling, Hosk has said that the intense rigor of practices (8 per week when playing basketball) and travel helped prepare her for the physical and travel demands of the modeling world.
After playing professional basketball for two years, she began receiving many job offers and soon moved to New York City to begin modeling full-time. Some writers have speculated that her work with Victoria's Secret was what brought her into the top tier fashion world, but Hosk also identifies her work with photographer Ellen von Unwerth in campaigns for Guess.
She is ranked 15th on the Top Sexiest Models list by models.com. She opened the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2016 and wore the Swarovski outfit in 2017. She was chosen to wear the "Dream Angels" Fantasy Bra in the 2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show held in New York City on 8 November 2018. The bra, worth $1 million, was designed by Atelier Swarovski and hand-set with 2,100 Swarovski created diamonds. She has walked for designers like Versace, Dior, Jean Paul Gaultier, YSL, Balmain, Moschino, Calvin Klein, Isabel Marant, Brandon Maxwell, LaQuan Smith, Valentino, Michael Kors, Miu Miu, Alberta Ferretti, Blumarine, Max Mara, Dolce&Gabbana, Escada, Etro, Jeremy Scott and many more.
Hosk is the daughter of Swedish father Pål and Finnish mother Marja. She has two brothers. Her cousin, Alice Herbst, is also a model. Herbst won the televised competition of Sweden's Next Top Model in 2012.
Hosk has worked to support the anti-human-trafficking organization, FAIR Girls. She became interested in the issue after seeing the movie The Whistleblower, which dealt with issues of sex trafficking.
Elsa is currently dating Tom Daly, the co-founder and creative director of Running Vision, a company that sells sunglasses made for running. 
- "Where Victoria's Secret models were born".
- "Victoria's Secret Model Elsa Hosk Used to be a Professional Basketball Player". Extra Mustard. Sports Illustrated. 5 December 2016. Archived from the original on 27 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Hosk's height".
- "Elsa Hosk". Fashion Model Directory. Archived from the original on 27 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Anna Sui Lingerie F/W 2012". models.com. Models.com. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Älskade Elsa" [Loved Elsa]. Metro (in Swedish). 19 May 2006. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Såthe, Johan (28 October 2008). "Elsa Hosk" [Elsa Hosk]. Café (in Swedish). Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Forgenie, Cacy (8 November 2011). "The Victoria's Secret Show By The Numbers (DETAILS)". Global Grind. Archived from the original on 3 April 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Alati, Danine (2013). "Elsa Hosk Breaks the Model Mold". Ocean Drive. Niche Media. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Meet the 10 new Victoria's Secret 'angels' who will help the brand make billions".
- Phelan, Hayley (29 November 2011). "Meet Victoria's Secret Newbie/Ex-Professional Basketball Player Elsa Hosk". Fashionista. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Sieczkowski, Cavan (20 November 2011). "Victoria's Secret Model, Elsa Hosk, Was a Former Professional Basketball Player". International Business Times. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "MODELS.com's Top Sexiest Models".
- "The Sparkliest Outfit At This Year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Has 275,000 Crystals. See It Here". InStyle.com. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- "Elsa Hosk to Wear $1 Million Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra". E! Online. 5 November 2018. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- "Alice vann "Top model"" [Alice won the "Top Model"]. SvD (in Swedish). 11 April 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Elsa Hosk: "Frozen Wasn't Based On Me!"". MTV News. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- Solomon, Rosalyn (24 April 2015). "New Victoria's Secret angel Elsa Hosk: 10 facts about the model". Toronto Sun. Archived from the original on 23 August 2017. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- Willingham, Jessica (21 April 2015). "Elsa Hosk Will Be Victoria's Secret's Next Angel, Plus 5 Reasons Why We Think She's Earned Her Wings". Bustle. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elsa Hosk.|