Elsinboro Township School District
|Elsinboro Township School District|
|631 Salem-Fort Elfsborg Road
Salem, NJ 08079
|Business administrator||Rebecca Joyce|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||171 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||DE|
The Elsinboro Township School District is a community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade from Elsinboro Township, in Salem County, New Jersey, United States.
Elsinboro was one of two districts added to the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program in October 2011, opening up 100 student seats that are available to students from outside the district, who were eligible to apply to attend starting in the 2012-13 school year.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in ninth through twelfth grades attend Salem High School in Salem City, together with students from Lower Alloways Creek Township, Mannington Township and Quinton Township, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Salem City School District. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 317 students and 49.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 6.5:1.
The Elsinboro Township School had an enrollment of 124 students in the 2014-15 school year.
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Constance McAllister, Superintendent
- Rebecca S. Joyce, Business Administrator / Board Secretary, is the administrator for the Alloway Township School District and performs the same role in Elsinboro Township as part of a shared services agreement.
- District information for Elsinboro Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Staff. "Christie Administration expands educational choice by offering 3,126 interdistrict choice seats in 71 school districts Deadline for parents to submit a letter of intent to apply for 2012-13 school year is November 1", New Jersey Department of Education, October 24, 2011. Accessed October 24, 2011.
- Elsinboro Township School, Interdistrict Public School Choice Program. Accessed October 24, 2011.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- Our Sending Districts, Salem City School District (New Jersey). Accessed January 24, 2017. "Salem High School welcomes students from: Elsinboro Township School; Lower Alloways Creek School; Mannington Township School; Quinton Township School"
- Shott, Meghan. "Salem High School", SouthJersey.com. Accessed January 24, 2017. "Students from Elsinboro, Lower Alloways Creek Township, Mannington Township and Quinton Township attend the high school as part of a sending/receiving relationship, according to the school’s 2010 Report Card from the NJ Department of Education."
- Bumpus, Robert L. Salem County Report on Consolidation and Regionalization, Salem County, New Jersey Executive County Superintendent, March 15, 2010. "In this area of Salem County four P-8 districts, Lower Alloway Creek, Quinton, Elsinboro, and Mannington Townships have a send/receive agreement with neighboring Salem City to send their students to Salem High School."
- School data for Salem High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the Elsinboro Township School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- New Jersey School Directory for Salem County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Greetings from our Chief School Administrator, Elsinboro Township School District. Accessed December 24, 2017.
- Business Office, Alloway Township School District. Accessed January 24, 2017. "In addition, the district has also contracted to provide the same business services to several other local school districts. Currently, the Alloway Twp. School District is entered into shared services agreements with the Elsinboro and Lower Alloways Creek school districts. Our school district Business Administrator is Rebecca Joyce."
- Elsinboro Township School
- Elsinboro Township School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Elsinboro Township School, National Center for Education Statistics