Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jon Spira|
|Written by||Jon Spira|
|Music by||Jamie Hyatt|
|Edited by||Jon Spira|
|Box office||$12,173 (US)|
Elstree 1976 is a 2015 documentary film about the making of the original Star Wars film and the legacy that it left behind.
- Paul Blake
- Jeremy Bulloch
- Garrick Hagon
- Anthony Forrest
- David Prowse
- Angus MacInnes, who played Jon "Dutch" Vander (Gold Leader)
- Pam Rose
- Derek Lyons
- Laurie Goode
- John Chapman
The film was successfully funded via Kickstarter, grossing £42,191. The first trailer was released on 29 October 2015. It played at the BFI London Film Festival The premiere was attended by 400 people.
The film received mixed reviews. Screen Daily said, "While the quirky outcome falls short of that ambition, it offers a slice of enjoyable nostalgia, capturing a sense of life as silly, surprising, regretful and all too fleeting." The Hollywood Reporter said, "for anyone expecting a definitive behind-the-scenes film about the making of Star Wars, this is not the documentary you have been looking for." The Village Voice said, "The most interesting part of Elstree 1976 comes when these actors express ambivalence about their odd celebrity." Film review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reports that 85% of critics gave the film a positive rating, based on 20 reviews with an average score of 6.4/10.
- Elstree 1976 at Box Office Mojo
- "Elstree 1976". Kickstarter. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- on YouTube
- "Elstree 1976". BFI London Film Festival. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Star Wars behind-the-scenes film Elstree 1976 has world premiere". BBC News. 11 October 2015.
- Gant, Charles (10 October 2015). "'Elstree 1976': Review". Screen Daily. ISSN 0307-4617.
- Dalton, Stephen (13 October 2015). "'Elstree 1976': London Review". The Hollywood Reporter. ISSN 0018-3660.
- Ebiri, Bilge (4 May 2016). "Elstree 1976 Meets the Day Players From a Galaxy Far, Far Away". The Village Voice. ISSN 0042-6180.
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|