Eltaj Safarli, Chess World Cup 2013
|Full name||Eltac Səfərli|
May 18, 1992 |
|FIDE rating||2656 (June 2017)|
|Peak rating||2694 (October 2016)|
Safarli won the Azerbaijan Championships in 2010 and 2016.
Safarli played in the silver medal-winning Azerbaijani team at the European Team Chess Championship in Porto Carras in 2011, alongside Shahriyar Mammadyarov, Teimour Radjabov, Vugar Gashimov and Qadir Huseynov, previously winning bronze medal in 2007 and gold in 2009.
Notable tournament victories
- 2010 Mikhail Chigorin Memorial, Saint Petersbourg, 1st
- Winner of Azerbaijan Chess Championship (2010, 2016)
- Co-winner of the Tata Steel Challengers Tournament 2016 (+6-1=5)
- "Eltaj Safarli Wins Mikhail Chigorin Memorial". Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "Eltaj Safarli and Narmin Kazimova are new champions of Azerbaijan - Chessdom". www.chessdom.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "The Week in Chess 420". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eltaj Safarli.|
|This biographical article relating to an Azerbaijani chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|