Eltham North, Victoria
|Location||21 km (13 mi) from Melbourne|
Eltham North is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 21 km north-east of Melbourne's Central Business District. It is within two local government areas: the City of Banyule and the Shire of Nillumbik. At the 2016 Census, Eltham North had a population of 6,805.
Originally an outlying rural part of Eltham, it became a separate locality with the opening of the Eltham North Primary School in 1925. At that time the locality was known as Glen Park, and the name was recorded in street directories until the 1960s. Nevertheless, the postal district was Eltham North.
Diamond Creek separates Eltham North from Eltham on its eastern edge. Eltham North shares the same postcode as Eltham (3095).
Eltham North Post Office opened around 1934 and closed in 1966.
The graveyard was founded by Glen and Katherine for whom which the local Glen Katherine Primary school is named.
Eltham North, once known as Northern Eltham, was renamed in 1934 to Eltham North by the Mayor at the time.
Eltham North is part of Melbourne's "green wedge" and has numerous bushland reserves and playgrounds. The suburb is home to the Eltham North Adventure Playground, a substantial play area which was destroyed by fire in late 2017 and subsequently rebuilt. In May 2020 the Victorian State Government announced that a new off-leash park will be established in Eltham North.
The State primary school (Eltham North Primary School) is in the east of the suburb on Wattletree Rd. There is a kindergarten in Glen Park Road. Other schools within Eltham North include Glen Katherine Primary School, St Helena Secondary College and Holy Trinity Catholic Primary School.
The suburb is home to the North Eltham Wanderers Cricket Club, the Eltham Redbacks Football Club, and the Eltham North Jets Basketball Club.
Public Library facilities are provided by Yarra Plenty Regional Library. The nearest libraries are the Diamond Valley Library in Greensborough and the Eltham Library.
- Shire of Diamond Valley – Eltham North was previously within this local government area.
- Eltham North 
- Eltham North Primary School
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Eltham North (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Eltham North Primary School: a short history". Eltham North Primary School. 2019. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- "Eltham North Adventure Playground". Visit Melbourne's Yarra Valley - Official Site. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 31 October 2020.
- "New Parks To Green Our Growing Suburbs". Premier of Victoria. 24 May 2020. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- "Our Club – Eltham Redbacks Football Club". Retrieved 21 May 2019.
|This article about a place in Melbourne is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|