Elton Brown (basketball)
Brown with Crvena zvezda in September 2012.
|No. 24 – SLUC Nancy Basket|
|League||LNB Pro A|
September 15, 1983 |
Newport News, Virginia
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school||Warwick (Newport News, Virginia)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Undrafted|
|2007||Capitanes de Arecibo|
|2008–2009||Maccabi Tel Aviv|
|2015||Indios de Mayagüez|
|2015–2016||STB Le Havre|
|2017–present||SLUC Nancy Basket|
|Career highlights and awards|
Brown played college basketball at the University of Virginia with the Virginia Cavaliers. Majoring in Anthropology he ranked 20th in all-time scoring, and Top 10 in rebounding. He was a 3-year starter and first team All-Rookie. During his junior and senior years, he was awarded the All-ACC Honorable Mention with an average of 14.8 points and 8 rebounds as a junior and 12 points and 8 rebounds as a senior.
Brown began his pro career in the Greek League with Makedonikos Kozani in the 2005-06 season, where he led the Greek League in rebounding and was the only player in the league to average a double-double for the season. He then spent the 2006-07 season playing in the NBA Development League with the Colorado 14ers.
|Wikinews has related news: NBA holds second annual NBDL All-Star game|
Brown participated in the 2nd annual NBA Development League All-Star Game, leading the Red Team with 20 points and 10 rebounds in a losing effort.
Brown participated in the Los Angeles Lakers' training camp prior to the 2007-08 NBA season. He also played on the Denver Nuggets' Summer League team that participated in the 2008 Las Vegas Summer League, where he averaged 13.3 points per game and 10 rebounds per game over 5 games.
On February 6, 2009, Brown signed with the German BBL team Brose Baskets Bamberg. He played a big role in the remaining season of Bamberg, but could not avoid his team's loss in the semifinal series against Oldenburg. In August 2009, he re-signed with Bamberg for one more season. In his second season with the club, he won the German Bundesliga.
For the 2010–11 season he signed with Barak Netanya of Israel.
In July 2012 he signed a one-year contract with the Serbian team Crvena zvezda. On May 1, 2013, Zvezda terminated its contract with Brown, mainly because of the poor performances in the past period.
- "Player stats and bio". ESPN. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Lakers sign Elton Brown.
- Elton Brown Signs with Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
- Maccabi release Brown
- Brose Bamberg inks Elton Brown
- Elton Brown resigns with Bamberg
- Star Track: Warwick High alum Elton Brown helps German basketball team win league crown
- Elton Brown–TBLstat.net 2011-12
- CRVENA ZVEZDA adds Brown inside
- "Raskinuli Crvena zvezda i Braun". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Elton Brown signe au Paris Levallois". Parislevallois.com (in French). Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Elton Brown signs with Gravelines
- Elton Brown, Gravelines-Dunkerque part ways
- Elton Brown signs with Indios de Mayaguez
- STB Le Havre parts ways with Travis Taylor, signs Elton Brown
- ELTON BROWN CLOT LE ROSTER 2016/2017 ! (French)