Elton High School
|The Elton High School|
|Motto||Quality, Care, Integrity|
|Department for Education URN||105354 Tables|
|Head teacher||Jonathan Wilton|
|Age||11 to 16|
|Colour(s)||Grey and Red|
The Elton High School has been recognised as "Good" school with "Outstanding" features by Ofsted following inspection in 2009. The English Department was inspected in November 2010 and it was found that the overall effectiveness of English within the school was "Outstanding". The school was recently graded "requires improvement" in March 2015 following a recent Ofsted. inspection in February 2015. The Elton High School will see Ofsted to return within the next 24 months. During its most recent inspection Elton was rated “good”.
The original building was opened in 1954.
Construction of a new building on the same site began in summer 2015 and opened to pupils in September 2016. It was constructed as part of a nationwide plan to replace the schools in poorest condition.
Notable former pupils
- Phil Neville, retired England international and former Everton captain, coach of England women's team
- Gary Neville, retired England international and former Manchester United captain, Sky Sports pundit
- Tracey Neville, twin sister of Phil, current England netball team coach
- Steve Kirby, Marylebone Cricket Club Head Coach
- Matt Littler, Actor best known for his role as Max Cunningham in Hollyoaks
- Ian Hughes, former Bury and Blackpool player
- Georgia May Foote who played Katy Armstrong in Coronation Street
- Jazmine Franks who played Esther Bloom in Hollyoaks
- Ofsted details for unique reference number 105354
- "Bury's New Elton High School ready for Sept opening". About Manchester. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "Neville the Red Devil who became a green saint". The Independent. 20 May 2011.
- "Bury's Tracey Neville is nominated for coach-of-the-year award". Bury Times. 26 November 2015.
- "Kirby named as MCC Head Coach".
|This Greater Manchester school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|