May 7, 1989 |
Alexander City, Alabama
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school:||Alexander City (AL) Russell|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Freeman attended Benjamin Russell High School, where he was an All-State performer and recorded 140 tackles and 10 sacks at linebacker his senior year, while taking 15 carries for 223 yards and three scores at running back. As a junior, he registered 100 tackles, including 52 for losses. Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Freeman ranked No. 22 nationally at outside linebacker and the No. 8 overall recruit in Alabama.
He originally committed to Auburn in 2007 but did not qualify academically.
Mississippi Gulf Coast
For one-and-a-half years, Freeman attended Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston, Mississippi, where he teamed up with All-American nose tackle Terrence Cody. As a true freshman in 2007, he compiled 65 tackles, 17 tackles-for-loss, five sacks and two forced fumbles. Mississippi Gulf Coast finished the season 12–0 and was named 2007 NJCAA Co-National Champions, their first national title in 23 years.
Freeman enrolled early at Auburn to participate in spring practice. After spring drill, he became an instant starter at outside linebacker. He played on the 2010 BCS National Champions Auburn Tigers.
Freeman graduated from Auburn in 2011.
After not being signed by any football club for multiple years, Freeman had a chance to tryout with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League in late January 2015. About one month later Freeman and the Riders agreed to a contract. Freeman was released by the Roughriders on June 15, 2015, after appearing in the first pre-season game.
- Rivals.com outside linebackers 2007
- Rivals.com Alabama Top 30 2007
- Gribble, Andrew (December 18, 2008). "Linebacker Freeman will be ready for spring practice". Opelika-Auburn News. Archived from the original on December 20, 2008.
- "MGCCC Bulldogs 2007 NJCAA National Champions Gulf Coast 'finishes', shares crown with Butler". MGCCC.edu. December 2007. Archived from the original on 2009-11-14.
- Jackson, Robert (November 8, 2007). "MGCCC, PRCCC top league, NJCAA regional all-star picks". Times of Stone County.[permanent dead link]
- Liesch, Dale (December 20, 2008). "Signed, Sealed and Ready To Rock: Benjamin Russell's Eltoro Freeman signs commitment and heads off to Auburn". Alexander City Outlook.[permanent dead link]
- Andreu, Robbie (May 12, 2009). "SEC hopes spring eternal". Gainesville Sun.
- Eltoro Freeman: A mother’s dream comes true
- Hudson, Robert. "Alex City native Eltoro Freeman signs with CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders". Alex City Outlook.