Elvis Duran and the Morning Show
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genre||Comedy, talk, music|
|Running time||4 hours (including commercials)|
Coaster Boy Josh
Web Girl Kathleen
|Air dates||since 1996 (at WHTZ)|
Elvis Duran and the Morning Show (formerly known as The Z Morning Zoo) is an American syndicated weekday morning radio program hosted by Elvis Duran. The show originates from the studios of Newark-licensed WHTZ in New York City, a Top 40 outlet branded as "Z100". The show is also syndicated through Premiere Radio Networks in over 75 markets such as Philadelphia, Miami, Cleveland, St. Louis and Milwaukee. The live airing of the show is weekdays from 6am-10am Eastern, with most Central markets airing it live from 5am-9am CT, and other time zones further west taking the show on delay. A "best of the week" compilation show is also carried on Saturday mornings by most stations.
While it was not created at WHTZ, the popular morning zoo format became a widely-employed morning show concept based on its success at Z100 - even to the point of being implemented at WHTZ's sister station in Cleveland, rock-formatted WMMS. Essentially, the Morning Zoo formula was grafted onto their already successful morning show, and lasted until 1994.
The regular segments of the program include the gossip-heavy "Entertainment Report", "Phone Taps", stunts performed by Greg T "The Round Headed Frat Boy", song parodies, and various contests. Local windows are made available for news briefs and weather and traffic reports.
The show began to be syndicated to other Clear Channel stations on May 22, 2006, starting with WHYI-FM/Miami, then WIOQ/Philadelphia on July 22, 2008, and WAKS/Cleveland on August 25, 2008, with approximately seventy stations now carrying the show after Clear Channel's Premiere Radio Networks began to offer the program nationally in March 2009.
Until May 2008 the show was known as "Elvis Duran and The (Y/Z) Morning Zoo". Slowly until July 2008 and the addition of more stations, the word "Zoo" was replaced with "Show" to make it more palatable to stations with other brandings or aversions to using the "Morning Zoo" term in their promotional advertising.
Bethany Watson, formerly known as "Lena Svenson" on the KDWB "Dave Ryan in the Morning Show" joined the show in a cameo on August 10, 2012. Her first official show was August 13, 2012.
As part of a rearrangement of staff at four stations in iHeartMedia in Seattle, on January 19, 2016, it was announced that Carla Marie and "Worst Assistant" Anthony would be leaving the show on February 5, 2016, and starting their own morning show on Seattle's new Top 40/CHR station, Power 93.3FM.
- Elvis Duran
- Danielle Monaro
- Bethany Watson
- Greg "T" the Frat Boy
- Skeery Jones, Executive Producer
- David Brody, Executive Producer
- Nate Marino, Senior Executive Producer ("Straight Nate")
- Garrett Vogel
- Scotty B.
- Coaster Boy Josh
- "Bald Freak" Ronnie Scalzo
- "Web Girl" Kathleen
- "Producer" Sam
- "Producer" Jake
- "Best Assistant in the World" Andrew
- Uncle Johnny (frequent guest, not an actual host)
- Elliot Segal 1996-1999, now at WWDC
- Christine Nagy 1997-2005, now at WLTW
- John Bell 1983-2010
- Carolina Bermudez 2005-2012, now at WKTU
- TJ Taormina left in 2013 to work at WODS
- Loren Raye left in 2013 to work at WODS
- Tim Louie "The Chinese Guy in the Back" 1996-2001
- DJ Reid Stefan 2013
- Carla Marie left in 2016 to co-host mornings at Seattle's Power 93.3
- "Worst Assistant In The World" Anthony left in 2016 to co-host mornings at Seattle's Power 93.3
- Morning Show Horoscopes with Danielle and Bethany
- "Phone Taps" (Prank calls to relatives or friends of listeners)
- Danielle's Entertainment Report (formerly "Danielle's Sleaze")
- Headlines with Bethany
- Sound with Garrett
- Around The Room
- What's Trending with Bethany
- Way Back Wednesday Phone Tap - Wednesdays
- Top of the Charts - Thursdays
- Greg T's Topic Train - Tuesdays and Fridays
- The Movie Man (formerly Mr. Moviefone)- Fridays
- The Girl Report with Webgirl Kathleen - Random days
Occasional segments and bits
- Hip Hop Clarinet with Bethany
- Florida News with Froggy
- Moron Jeopardy
- Out of Tune Name that Tune
- Foreign Food or Foreign Dude
- Flush the Format
- It's You, It's Them
- The Answer is Meat
- Song Parodies
- Elvis Lists
- Who's Chewin' Those Chips?
- Guy, Girl or Gay?
- Office Slut Wednesday
- Mr. Cardboard Tube - Voiced by Elvis with a cardboard tube
- College of Knowledge
- Greg T Jumping Naked In Your Pool
- Chicken Parm Friday
- Bag O' Questions
- The Topic Juggler (Elvis' version of Greg T's Topic Train)
- The Man Council
- Greg T - Man on the Street
- Entertainment Minute with Danielle
- iTunes Top 10 Hits with Greg T
- All You Really Need To Know About Sports This Week with David Brody
- Home Theater Throwdown with Ronnie Scalzo
- Celebrity Birthdays with Skeery Jones
- Celebrity Sound File (selected previous audio clips of the show's celebrity guest live interviews)
- John Bell's Stupid News
- John Bell's Latest Game
- Carolina's Rage Page
- Loren's Bad Ass Chick of The Day
- TJ's Sound (Still continues under Garrett)
- What's Trending with Carla Marie (Still continues under Bethany)
- Workout Wednesday with Anthony
- Webgirl Kathleen's DIY segment - Thursdays
- Farmer Ronnie presents Chickens Sing The Hits
- "TJ Taormina Grabs Mornings in Boston".
- "iHeartMedia/Seattle Revamps Formats At Four Stations".
- "UNCLE JOHNNY". Elvis Duran and the Morning Show.