Elyria Catholic High School
|Elyria Catholic High School|
|725 Gulf Road
Elyria, Ohio, (Lorain County) 44035
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Hours in school day||Way too many|
|Color(s)||Green, White and Black|
|Athletics conference||Great Lakes Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Admissions Director||Annie Cunningham|
|Athletic Director||Tim Ertle|
Elyria Catholic High School is a private Catholic high school located in Elyria, Ohio, 20 miles west of Cleveland. It is run by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland. Elyria Catholic was built in 1949 and since then has graduated more than 7,500 young men and women. A newly added physical education complex was completed in 2007 along with an economics lab. Elyria Catholic is the only Catholic high school (sadly) found in Lorain County.
The school colors are forest green,white, and black. The mascot is the Panther. The school is a member of the West Shore Conference, but will be a founding member of the Great Lakes Conference beginning with the 2015-2016 school year. The football and soccer teams play in the Knights of Columbus Field which was built in the early 1960s. In 2007 the Knights of Columbus Field was dedicated to Sgt. Lane Tollett from the class of 1994. Sgt. Tollett died while serving his country in Iraq.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Football – 1976, 1983, 1984 2016 
- Boys Cross country – 1973, 1974, 1977, 1978 
- Boys Cross country- State Runner's Up 1972, 1979, 1983 and 2009
- Girls Tennis Doubles - 2007
- Bob Frantz - Class of 1986 - Radio Broadcaster and Television Host. Bob is the host of "The Bob Frantz Show" on Newsradio WTAM 1100. Bob has also hosted radio shows in San Francisco, California; Orlando, Florida; and Toldeo, Ohio. Bob was also the sideline reporter for the Oakland Raiders Radio Network for 2 seasons. In 2009, Bob became the host of Warrant Unit, a Northeast Ohio based version of America's Most Wanted, targeting unsolved crimes and wanted fugitives.
- Brianne McLaughlin - Class of 2005 - Named to the U.S. women's ice hockey team at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Football". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Brianne McLaughlin's U.S. Olympic Team bio