Emanuela de Paula
Emanuela de Paula
Emanuela in 2006.
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
Emanuela de Paula (born April 25, 1989) is a Brazilian model. She has been the face of UK retailer Next for the past two seasons and can be seen in the 2009 Pirelli Calendar. She has also replaced Pernille Holmboe as the new model for the Swedish clothing store Gina Tricot.
Emanuela de Paula was born to a White Brazilian mother and an Afro Brazilian father. "I am what we call 'mulata'". She has also stated she is one of the few black women in the fashion industry. She is of African, Dutch and Native Brazilian descent.
She first took an interest in modeling at the age of nine and quickly booked a supermarket advertisement. By the age of 15, de Paula was visiting modeling agencies. She signed with the Marilyn Agency, the first agency she visited. Her first season was in New York City in 2005, and yielded runway work for the likes of Ralph Lauren, Bill Blass and Zac Posen, as well as a story for W, photographed by Michael Thompson. Her other runway credits include Shiatzy Chen, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Colcci, Diane von Furstenberg, Jennifer Lopez' Sweetface, Kenneth Cole, Lacoste, Lucy In The Sky, Rebecca Taylor, Salinas, Tommy Hilfiger, and Yigal Azrouël, and she has appeared in campaigns for Alexandre Herchcovitch, the Swedish brand Gina Tricot, Cavalera, DKNY, GAP Body, Hush Puppies, MAC, Mixed, Prescriptives, Sephora, Tommy Hilfiger, Top Shop, and Victoria's Secret. Her editorials include Allure, French, Marie Claire, Vogue, and Women's Wear Daily.
By the age of 20, de Paula had landed two makeup campaigns: MAC Barbie Collection and Prescriptives. She walked in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2008, 2010, and 2011. According to Forbes, de Paula ranked the eleventh highest paid supermodel for 2009, earning $2.5 million. She has walked runway for São Paulo Fashion Week, home to the largest fashion shows in Brazil.
As of 2014, de Paula is represented by The Society Management.
- "View Management – Emanuela de Paula". Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- NY Mag article. NY Mag article (18 March 2005).
- Flor de macaxeira. Otempo.com.br.
- I don't know my background - my father is black, my mother is white with green eyes - I am what we call "mulata" Archived 23 April 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Models.com.
- "Sempre fui tratada da mesma forma que as outras. Mas é comum ser a única ou uma das únicas negras nos desfiles" (translation to English: "I've always been treated the same way as the others. But I am often the only one or one of the few Black models in fashion" Archived 23 December 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Veja.abril.com.br.
- "O lugar de Emanuela" (in Portuguese). Veja.com. Archived from the original on 23 December 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- What We Can Learn from Prescriptives’ Passing with Estee Lauder Archived 22 September 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Piercemattiepublicrelations.com.
- Uma Gisele Negra?. Revistaepoca.globo.com.
- "Next goes continental for latest TV ad". Mad.co.uk. 10 September 2010. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Emanuela de Paula.|
- Emanuela de Paula at Fashion Model Directory
- Emanuela de Paula at NYmag.com
- Emanuela de Paula photos at Style.com (archived at the Wayback Machine)
- Emanuela de Paula at Marylin Agency
|This biographical article about a Brazilian model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|