Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up embankment or embankments in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Embankment may refer to:
- A levee, an artificial bank raised above the immediately surrounding land to redirect or prevent flooding by a river, lake or sea
- Embankment (transportation), in transportations, a raised bank to carry a road, railway, or canal across a low-lying or wet area
- Embankment dam, a dam made of mounded earth and rock
- Land reclamation along river banks, usually marked by roads and walkways running along it, parallel to the river, as in:
- The Thames Embankment along the north side of the Thames River in London, England
- The Albert Embankment along the south side of the Thames River in London, England
- The Neva embankments along the Neva River in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Embankment tube station, a station on the London Underground
- "Embankment", a work by artist Rachel Whiteread
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Embankment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.