|Look up embankment or embankments in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Embankment may refer to:
- A levee, an artificial bank raised above the immediately surrounding land to redirect or prevent flooding by a river, lake or sea
- Embankment (transportation), in transportation, a raised bank to carry a road, railway, or canal across a low-lying or wet area
- Embankment dam, a dam made of mounded earth and rock
- Land reclamation along river banks, usually marked by roads and walkways running along it, parallel to the river, as in:
- The Thames Embankment along the north side of the Thames River in London, England
- The Albert Embankment along the south side of the Thames River in London, England
- Neva embankments (disambiguation), along the Neva River in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Embankment tube station, a station on the London Underground
- "Embankment", a work by artist Rachel Whiteread
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Embankment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.