Embassy of Russia in Damascus
|Embassy of the Russian Federation in Damascus
Посольство Российской Федерации в Дамаске
سفارة روسيا الاتحادية في دمشق
|Address||Omar Ben Al-Khattab Street, Adawi|
The Embassy of Russia in Damascus (Arabic: سفارة روسيا الاتحادية في دمشق) is the diplomatic mission of the Russian Federation to the Syrian Arab Republic. The chancery is located in Omar Ben Al-Khattab Street in Adawi, Damascus.
The USSR Embassy in Damascus opened in February 1946. In January 1992, with the fall of the Soviet Union, it became the de facto embassy of the Russian Federation.
Ambassadors of Russia to Syria
- Aleksandr Zotov (26 December 1992 to 13 September 1994)
- Viktor Gogitidze (13 September 1994 to 31 August 1999)
- Robert Markaryan (31 August 1999 to 10 November 2006)
- Sergey Kirpichenko (1 December 2006 to 7 September 2011)
- Azamat Kulmuhametov (7 September 2011 to 22 December 2014)
- Alexander Kinshak (22 December 2014 to present)
- Сирия (in Russian). Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Russia). Retrieved 2008-06-27.
- The Associated Press (December 28, 2016). "The Latest: Mortar Fire on Russian Embassy in Syria". The New York Times. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
Russia says its embassy in the Syrian capital has been hit by mortar fire. The Foreign Ministry said in a statement Wednesday that a mortar round landed in the embassy courtyard without exploding, and another fell in the vicinity. The ministry says sappers have been called in to remove the device.
- Soldatkin, Vladimir (December 28, 2016). Williams, Alison, ed. "Russian embassy in Damascus shelled twice: statement". Reuters. Archived from the original on December 29, 2016.
The Russian embassy in Syrian capital of Damascus was shelled twice on Wednesday afternoon, Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement, calling it a provocation aimed at derailing peace settlement in the country. It said a shell hit an inner yard of the embassy complex, while another shell landed near the diplomatic mission. De-mining specialists have been working in the hit area.
- (English) (Russian) (Arabic) Embassy of Russia in Syria
|This article about a building or structure in Syria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Russian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|