Embassy of the United Kingdom, Madrid
|Embassy of the United Kingdom, Madrid|
|Address||Torre Espacio, |
Paseo de la Castellana 259D,
|Website||British Embassy, Madrid|
The Embassy of the United Kingdom in Madrid is the chief diplomatic mission of the United Kingdom in Spain. Since 2009 the Embassy has been located in the Torre Espacio skyscraper in the Cuatro Torres Business Area. The current British Ambassador to Spain is Hugh Elliott.
The British Embassy in Madrid moved to its current location in the Torre Espacio skyscraper designed by Pei Cobb Freed in 2009. The Torre Espacio is also home to a number of other foreign embassies, including the Australian and Canadian. Prior to moving to Torre Espacio, the British Embassy was located on Fernando el Santo Street, in a building designed by architect, William S. Bryant in 1966.
Outside Madrid, there is a British Consulate General in Barcelona where the senior officer is known as the Consul-General. There are also Consulates in Alicante, Ibiza, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Málaga, Mallorca and Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
The Embassy also represents the British Overseas Territories in Spain.
- Spain-United Kingdom relations
- List of diplomatic missions in Spain
- List of ambassadors of the United Kingdom to Spain
- "British Embassy Madrid". FCO.gov.uk. Retrieved 30 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "British Embassy, Fernando el Santo Street, Madrid". RIBA. Retrieved 15 March 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)