Embassy of the United States, Manama
|United States Embassy in Manama|
|Address||Building 979, Road 3119, Block 331|
The Embassy of the United States to Bahrain is the diplomatic mission of the United States in Bahrain. The building is located in Zinj, a district of the capital, Manama. The post of U.S. Ambassador to Bahrain is currently held by Justin Siberell. The embassy is one of two major American installations in Bahrain, the other being Naval Support Activity Bahrain, a base which houses the main U.S. Navy operations in the Persian Gulf.
The following is a list of the sections and offices housed within the embassy.
- U.S. Citizen Services
- Visa Services
- United States Commercial Service
- Information Resource Center
- Regional English Language Office
- Public Affairs
- Educational Advisor
Bahraini citizens and activists have protested outside of the embassy for various reasons, including anti-Iraq War demonstrations, the presence of the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet in Bahrain, and to protest Israeli actions in the Middle East. Because the governments of Israel and Bahrain do not have formal diplomatic relations, the U.S. is seen by some as a proxy for the Israeli government.
- "Embassy Location". Embassy of the United States Manama, Bahrain. U.S. Department of State. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "About the Embassy". Embassy of the United States Manama, Bahrain. U.S. Department of State. Archived from the original on 31 July 2016. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Protesters throw petrol bombs at US embassy in Manama". Agence France Presse - English. April 5, 2002.
- "Protests still rage across Middle East following killing of Yassin". Agence France Presse. 24 March 2004.