|Origin||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
|Years active||2007–2015 (hiatus)|
|Past members||Drew Chadwick|
Emblem3 is an American reggae pop band from Sequim, Washington, consisting of brothers Wesley Stromberg and Keaton Stromberg. In 2013, they signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records and Columbia Records after finishing fourth on the second season of The X Factor USA. The original line-up of the group consisted of brothers Wesley Stromberg and Keaton Stromberg and former member Drew Chadwick.
As of June, 2015 Emblem3 took to twitter and announced a hiatus as they are working on their own things. Keaton is currently working on solo music while Wesley is working with Kenny Holland on their new project The BalCOny.
While attending middle school in Sequim, Washington, Drew Chadwick and Wesley Stromberg (started as American Scholars) began doing sessions together. At the time, Keaton Stromberg, Wesley's brother was only nine and was not a part of the band, but was working on his own home recordings and would watch Chadwick and Wesley work. While Wesley had moved to Huntington Beach with his girlfriend, Chadwick spent high school moving up and down the West Coast, eventually joining Wesley in Huntington Beach, California. Keaton enrolled in a nearby art school and moved to California to join them. They released an album, Bite Your Lip and Take It under the name The American Scholars, which they produced in their basement. After going through many names, the trio settled on "Emblem3" while in Huntington Beach. They performed locally along the Sunset Strip.
2012: The X Factor
In 2012, Emblem3 auditioned in San Francisco for the second season of The X Factor USA, singing an original song called "Sunset Blvd", written by Chadwick. During bootcamp, they sang "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls and at judges' houses, they performed "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police. They were then selected to go on to live shows.
Emblem3 performed "One Day" by Matisyahu during their first live show on October 31. In addition they were selected as the first group to enter the top twelve by Simon Cowell. On the second live show on November 7, the group performed their version of "My Girl" by the Temptations and "California Gurls" by Katy Perry with "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction as the background track. After the second live show the group was ranked sixth based on the fan votes and made it to the next week's live shows. On the third live show, they performed "No One" by Alicia Keys and were ranked fourth by the fan votes moving on to week five. On the fourth live show on November 21, 2012, they performed "Secrets" by OneRepublic and were ranked again 4th by the American public. For the fifth live show, they performed "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees and were ranked third. On the sixth live show, the group performed two songs: the first one, chosen by their mentor, was "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars; the second song, chosen by the fans in the Pepsi Challenge, was "Forever Young" by Alphaville. The group was once again ranked third overall by the fans' votes. In the semi-finals, they performed "Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton as their own choice and "Hey Jude" by The Beatles as Cowell's choice. They were eliminated on the result show and placed fourth.
Performances on The X Factor
Emblem3 performed the following songs on The X Factor:
|Audition||Free choice||"Sunset Blvd"||Emblem3||N/A||Through to bootcamp|
|Bootcamp 1||Solo performance||"Iris"||Goo Goo Dolls||Through to bootcamp 2|
|Bootcamp 2||Group performance||Not Aired||Through to bootcamp 3|
|Bootcamp 3||Duet performance||Through to judges' houses|
|Judges' houses||Free choice||"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"||The Police||Through to live shows|
|Week 1||Made in America||"One Day"||Matisyahu||16||Saved by Simon Cowell|
|Week 2||Songs from movies||"My Girl/California Gurls/What Makes You Beautiful"||The Temptations/Katy Perry/One Direction||4||Safe (6th)|
|Week 3||Divas||"No One"||Alicia Keys||11||Safe (4th)|
|Week 4||Giving Thanks||"Secrets"||OneRepublic||3||Safe (4th)|
|Week 5||Number-ones||"I'm a Believer"||The Monkees||8||Safe (3rd)|
|Week 6||Unplugged songs||"Just the Way You Are"||Bruno Mars||2||Safe (3rd)|
|Pepsi Challenge songs||"Forever Young"||Alphaville||8|
|Semi-final||Contestant's choice||"Baby, I Love Your Way"||Peter Frampton||3||Eliminated (4th)|
|No theme||"Hey Jude"||The Beatles||7|
2013–present: Nothing to Lose
The trio began to record their debut album, Nothing to Lose, in December 2012. It was released on July 30, 2013. The lead single from the album is "Chloe (You're the One I Want)". The second single off the album was "3000 Miles". They also toured to promote their music in their "Goin' Back to Cali Tour" that took place in April 2013.
On December 5, 2013, Emblem3 had their homecoming performance on X Factor, singing "Just for One Day." After their performance, they announced their first national headlining tour, "#Bandlife."
On June 20, 2014, the band announced on their website that band member Drew Chadwick was leaving the band to pursue a solo career.
On October 27, 2014, the duet releases their first EP without Chadwick called Forever Together.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Nothing to Lose||7||6||8||21||
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Songs from the Couch, Vol. 1||53||22|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|2013||"Chloe (You're the One I Want)"||93||26||67||7||25||87||93||
||Nothing to Lose|
On Dec 16, 2014 they released a song with the duet Jack & Jack called "Cheat Codes"
Awards and nominations
|2013||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Music: Breakout Group||Emblem3||Won|
|Teen Icon Awards||Icon of Tomorrow||Nominated|
|Iconic Viner||Wesley Stromberg|
|Capricho Awards||Gato Internacional (International Cutie)||Drew Chadwick|
|Melhor Show no Brasil (Best Show in Brazil)||Emblem3|
|Revelação Internacional (International Development)|
|2014||Radio Disney Music Awards||Best Crush Song - XOXO||"Chloe (You're the One I Want)"|
|Best Music Group - They're the One||Emblem3|
- West Coast Tour (2013)
- E3 Goes East (2013)
- Goin' Back to Cali (2013)
- Emblem3 Summer Tour (2013)
- Stars Dance Tour (Opening Act) (2013)
- #Bandlife Tour (2014) (opening acts included MKTO and Jackson Guthy)
- Fireside Story Sessions (2014)
- Forever Together Tour (late 2014)
The group also performed at multiple festivals throughout the year such as Z-Fest (Brazil), Kiss Concert (Boston, MA), various holiday concerts, Spring Break Portugal etc.
The group is also scheduled to perform at music festivals and concert series throughout the summer such as Ramapo Summer Concert Series (NY) etc.
The group also has done shows with many other artists such as Jack and Jack (Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson)
- "Emblem3 – Discover music, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm". Last.fm. 2013.
- "‘X Factor’ Group Emblem 3 Officially Releasing An Album In 2013". Penske Media Corporation. January 9, 2013.
- Yandoli, Krystie (April 15, 2013). "Emblem3 Releases New Single, ‘Chloe (You're The One I Want)' (LISTEN)". Huffington Post.
- "OK! Exclusive: See Emblem3′S Deluxe Album Cover And Track Listing For ‘Nothing To Lose!’". OK! magazine. June 13, 2013.
- Stewart, Allison. "Emblem3 came out big winners by losing 'X Factor'". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Emblem 3's First Audition - Sunset Boulevard - Emblem 3 video - Fanpop
- The X Factor On Fox - Videos
- 'X Factor': Emblem3's First Live Show Performance
- 'X Factor' 2012 elimination recap: Emblem3 falls short of the finals | NJ.com
- Schillaci, Sophie (July 17, 2013). "Emblem3 Sets 'Nothing to Lose' Release Date Ahead of Selena Gomez Tour (Video)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Emblem3 is Goin' Back 2 Cali! : Emblem 3
- "Songs From the Couch, Vol. I". iTunes. June 2, 2014.
- "Forever Together". iTunes. October 27, 2014.
- "Emblem3 Tour Dates Immediately Sell Out" (4 MARCH 2013). Sony Columbia Records. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Robin Thicke Gets First No. 1 Album On Billboard 200". Billboard magazine. August 7, 2013. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Lopez, Korina (October 10, 2013). "On the Verge: Emblem3 makes its mark in mainstream". USA Today.
- "E3 East Coast Dates Sell Out". Emblem3. 2013-09-24.
- Selena Gomez Welcomes Emblem3 & Christina Grimmie as Openers on Stars Dance Tour : Selena Gomez