From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up embodiment in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Embodied or embodiment may refer to:
in psychology, Linguistics and philosophy,
- Embodied cognition (or the embodied mind thesis), a position in cognitive science and the philosophy of mind emphasizing the role that the body plays in shaping the mind
- Embodied imagination, a therapeutic and creative form of working with dreams and memories
in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence,
- Embodied embedded cognition, a position in cognitive science stating that intelligent behaviour emerges from the interplay between brain, body and world
- Embodied agent, in artificial intelligence, an intelligent agent that interacts with the environment through a physical body within that environment
- Embodied cognitive science, an interdisciplinary field of research aiming to explain the mechanisms underlying intelligent behavior
in resource economics,
- Embodied resource, the amount of resource used in the production, manufacture, use and disposal of a good or service.
- Embodied energy, the quantity of energy required to manufacture, and supply to the point of use, a product, material or service
- Embodied or virtual water, the water used in the production of a good or service
in physical theatre training,
- Process of embodiment (physical theatre) the process of embodiment, the specific part of psychophysical actor training based on the embodied mind thesis that seeks to unite the imaginary separation of body and mind
- Embodied music cognition, a concept within musicology
- Embodiment 12:14, a Christian Australian metalcore band
- Embodiment: Collapsing Under the Weight of God, the third studio album by the band Sculptured
- a specific, disclosed example of how an inventive concept, that is more generally stated elsewhere in the disclosure of a patent application or patent, can be put into practice; see Claim (patent).
in social epidemiology,
- Embodiment, the development of a body through the change of a certain environment or condition, this includes geographical location, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Embodiment, the change or nurturing of a natural biological entity induced by their specific environment
- Embodiment, the telling of a body's story that cannot be refuted from the environment in which it was developed in; which also oftentimes refutes popular opinion and expresses changes that are unable to be verbalized
- Embodyment, U.S. Christian rock band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Embodiment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.