|Look up emboss, embossed, embosser, or embossing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Emboss or Embossing may refer to:
The term usually refers to several techniques for creating a raised pattern on a material:
- Paper embossing, the raising of paper and other non-metal products using specific tools to accomplish the task
- Embossed In Register (EIR) aligns embossing with an underlying image
- Leather embossing
- Embossing (manufacturing), commercial scale embossing of sheet metal
- Repoussé and chasing, by hammering sheet metal by hand
- Image embossing, the process to create highlights or shadows that will replace light/dark boundaries of an image
Embosser may refer to:
- Handheld embossers, see embossing tape
- Braille embosser, an impact printer that renders text as tactile braille cells
- Embossing can refer to a modification performed on harmonicas, narrowing reeds for the technique of overblowing
- EMBOSS, an acronym for European Molecular Biology Open Software Suite
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Embossing.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.