Embraer Phenom 300
|Embraer Phenom 300|
|Role||Light business jet|
|Number built||250 at end of 2014|
|Variants||Embraer Phenom 100|
The Embraer EMB-505 Phenom 300 is a light jet aircraft developed by the Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer. It can carry 8 or 9 occupants with a flying range of 1,971 nmi (3,650 km). The price for a standard FAA aircraft with no optional items is estimated at US $8,955,000 in 2015.
Embraer began designing the Phenom 300 after finding that potential customers of the Phenom 100 would also like a bigger aircraft. It was a new design with the aim of allowing operation to smaller airports like London City and Telluride Regional Airport.
On 29 December 2009 Embraer delivered the first Phenom 300 to Executive Flight Services at the company's headquarters at São José dos Campos, Brazil. In just four years, the Phenom 300 climbed to the top position on the list of most delivered business jets, with 60 units delivered in 2013.
The Phenom 300 is a twin-engined cantilever monoplane with a low-positioned, swept wing, it has a horizontal stabiliser in a T-tail configuration and a retractable tricycle landing gear. It has two rear-pylon-mounted Pratt & Whitney Canada PW535E turbofan engines, one each side of the fuselage. The enclosed cabin has room for nine passengers and two crew pilot; during single-pilot operation an additional passenger can be carried; access to the flightdeck and cabin is using an airstair on the left-hand side behind.
The Phenom 300 has single-point refueling and an externally serviced private rear lavatory, refreshment center and baggage area.
- NetJets Europe
- United Kingdom
- Flairjet (European launch customer)
- Pool Aviation
- United States
- Flight Options
- Speedwings executive
|Number of deliveries||1||26||42||48||60||73|
Data from Embraer Phenom 300 brochure (downloaded 09-Jan-2008)
- Crew: 1 or 2 pilots
- Capacity: 6 passengers (standard configuration) + 1 in cockpit; maximum of 10 incl. 1 in cockpit and 1 on belted toilet)
- Length: 15.9 m (52 ft 2 in)
- Wingspan: 16.2 m (53 ft 2 in)
- Height: 5 m (16 ft 5 in)
- Max takeoff weight: 8,150 kg (17,968 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 2,428kg
- Cabin altitude: 6,000ft at 41,000ft
- Cabin height: 1.5m (4.9ft)
- Cabin length: 5.23m
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW535E turbofans, 14.95 kN (3,360 lbf) thrust each
- Maximum speed: 834 km/h (518 mph; 450 kn)
- Range: 3,650 km (2,268 mi; 1,971 nmi) with IFR reserves, 6 occupants
- Service ceiling: 13,716 m (45,000 ft)
- Wing loading: 286 kg/m2 (59 lb/sq ft)
- Fuel burn: 346kg per hour at 364kt, 456kg/h at 431kt (at FL410)
- V2min: around 112 ktas, depending on circumstances
Accidents and incidents
- On 19 September 2014, NetJets Flight 322, an Embraer Phenom 300, arriving from Nashville International Airport, slid off the runway at Lone Star Executive Airport (IATA: CXO) in Conroe, Texas. The area had recently been inundated by the remains of Hurricane Odile. Neither the pilot nor co-pilot were hurt.
- On 31 July 2015, an Embraer Phenom 300 crashed into a car auction site while trying to land at Blackbushe Airport, UK. All 4 persons on board the Saudi-registered private jet died in the crash and subsequent fire.
- Related development
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Cessna Citation CJ
- Learjet 40
- Learjet 45
- Learjet 70/75
- Pilatus PC-24
- Raytheon Premier I
- Raytheon Hawker 400XP
- Grob G180 SPn
- http://www.gama.aero/files/GAMA_2014_Databook_LRes%20-%20LowRes.pdf (page 15)
- Purchase Planning Handbook: Business Airplanes 2014, Aviation Week, May 2914.
- Croft, John (12 May 2008), "Embraer Phenom 300: bolder big brother", Flightglobal (Reed Business Information), archived from the original on 28 March 2015, retrieved 28 March 2015
- Gerzanics, Mike (27 April 2010), "FLIGHT TEST: Embraer Phenom 300", Flightglobal (Reed Business Information), archived from the original on 4 May 2012, retrieved 28 March 2015
- "News Breaks: Embraer Delivers First Phenom 300 Light Jet". Aviation Week (McGraw-Hill): 18. January 11, 2010.
- Sarsfield, Kate (29 December 2014), "NetJets converts Phenom 300 options into firm orders", Flightglobal (Reed Business Information), retrieved 30 December 2014
- Reed Business Information Limited. "FlairJet to add Europe's first Embraer Phenom 300 to fleet of two Embraer Phenom 100s". flightglobal.com.
- "EMBRAER AND FLIGHT OPTIONS SIGN FOR 100 PHENOM 300 JETS". embraer.com.
- "Aero Jet". flyaerojet.aero.
- "Airday - Private Jets". Airday.
- "Netjets Aviation #322 ✈ 19-Sep-2014 ✈ KBNA - KCXO". FlightAware.com. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Plane slides off runway at regional airport in Conroe". KPRC-TV. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Blackbushe Airport plane crash: Four dead in car auction site crash". BBC News.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Embraer Phenom 300.|
|Cutaway drawing of Phenom 300 from Flightglobal.com|