|Traded as||NYSE: EME|
|Anthony J. Guzzi, CEO|
|Revenue||approximately $7.4 Billion USD (2016)|
Number of employees
EMCOR Group is a Fortune 500 company based in Norwalk, Connecticut. EMCOR provides mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and facilities services to a broad range of commercial, industrial, utility and institutional customers.
Emerging in 1994 as a result of the bankruptcy of Jamaica Water Supply Company, EMCOR Group, Inc. has grown through an acquisition strategy focused on broadening company services by branching out into new geographical areas and moving into new markets.
Recent acquisitions have been as follows:
- 2002, EMCOR acquires Virginia-based Consolidated Engineering Services Inc.
- 2002, EMCOR acquires 19 companies from Comfort Systems USA.
- 2005, EMCOR purchases Fluidics, Inc., a privately held mechanical services company based in Philadelphia, PA.
- 2005, EMCOR acquires S.A. Comunale, Inc., a privately held fire protection and mechanical services company headquartered in Akron, OH.
- 2007, EMCOR acquires Ohmstede Ltd., the leading heat exchanger services provider in the U.S.
- 2010, EMCOR acquires Scalise Industries, a privately held engineering, facilities maintenance, and service company headquartered in Lawrence, PA.
- 2011, EMCOR purchases Bahnson Holdings, Inc., a privately held mechanical construction services company headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC.
- 2013, EMCOR acquires RepconStrickland, Inc., a privately held firm that included five recognized brands with capabilities encompassing turnaround and specialty services, including: shutdowns, overhauls, revamps, capital projects, engineering and constructibility reviews, project management, welding services, refractory services, tower services, and emergency repair.
- 2016, EMCOR acquires Ardent Services, L.L.C. and Rabalais Constructors, LLC (collectively, “Ardent”), for a purchase price of $205 million in cash. Headquartered in Covington, LA, and Corpus Christi, TX, Ardent is one of the preeminent U.S. industrial and refinery electrical and instrumentation service companies. Ardent provides a comprehensive suite of electrical, process control, equipment installation, and automation services for the maintenance, repair, replacement, and new construction of energy infrastructure.
- EMCOR Construction Services
- EMCOR Building Services
- EMCOR Industrial Services
- B2 Rocket Test Stand at the John C. Stennis Space Center; Hancock County, Mississippi
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) - BART Coliseum/Oakland Airport Station to the Oakland International Airport; Oakland, California
- Caterpillar’s Work Tools Campus; Wamego, Kansas
- Cayuga Milk Ingredients Manufacturing Facility; Auburn, New York
- Chobani Yogurt Plant; Twin Falls, Idaho
- City of Clearwater Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant; Clearwater, Florida
- Coast Guard Headquarters and Support Facilities; Government Service Administration (GSA) - St. Elizabeth's Campus; Washington, D.C.
- Consolidated National Operations Center of the U.S. Coast Guard Main Headquarters; Washington D.C.
- Department of the Navy, Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southwest (NAVFAC); San Diego County, California
- Directorate of Public Works at Fort Huachuca; Sierra Vista, Arizona
- Electrical Generator Plant - City of West Palm Beach; West Palm Beach, Florida
- Florida Inland Navigation District – Dredged Material Area; Nassau County, Florida
- Georgia Gwinnett College - Allied Health and Science Building; Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Herbert Hoover Dike; Okeechobee and Palm Beach Counties, Florida
- Los Angeles Hall of Justice; Los Angeles, California
- NASA John C. Stennis Space Center; Hancock County, Mississippi
- National Library - Museum of George Washington’s Estate; Mount Vernon, Virginia
- Northeast Ohio Medical University Health and Wellness Center; Rootstown, Ohio
- Palm Beach Resource Recovery Corporation - Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County; West Palm Beach, Florida
- "EMCOR Group Investors Relations - Company Profile".
- "EMCOR Group - About Us".
- "EMCOR Group". Fortune.
- "EMCOR acquires big facilities manager". Contractor Magazine. 50 (2). 2003.
- "EmcorAcquires Comfort Systems' Subsidiaries". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 2002-02-16.
- "EMCOR buys Comunale". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 2005-12-02.
- "EMCOR buys Comunale". Contractor. 2006-01-11.
- "EMCOR to acquire Ohmstede for about $455 mln". Reuters. 2007-08-21.
- "Emcor buys Scalise Industries". Stamford Advocate. 2010-02-25.
- "Bahnson Holdings to be acquired by Emcor Group". Winston-Salem Journal. 2011-02-02.
- "EMCOR to Acquire RepconStrickland". Zacks. 2013-06-20.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Completes Acquisition of Ardent Services and Rabalais Constructors". Reuters. 2016-04-15. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Restoration of Rocket Test Stand by NASA at John C. Stennis Space Center". Reuters. 2012-11-28.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Complete Installation of Electrical Systems for BART at Oakland International Airport". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 2012-04-02.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Mechanical Systems at Caterpillar Facility". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 2012-03-05.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Mechanical Systems at Caterpillar Facility". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 2013-01-24.
- "Chobani, Inc. Opens World's Largest Yogurt Plant in Twin Falls, Idaho". Daily Finance. 2012-12-17.
- "City of Clearwater Florida Awards RO Water Plant Contract". Storm Water Solutions. 2013-06-19.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Coast Guard Contract". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 2013-07-31.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Design/Build of Electrical Systems for Consolidated National Operations Center for U.S. Coast Guard Main Headquarters". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 2012-04-12.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Design/Build of Electrical Systems for Consolidated National Operations Center for U.S. Coast Guard Main Headquarters". RediNews.com. 2013-12-11.
- "EMCOR Group Company Awarded Contractor for Electrical Generator Facility for Florida City". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 2012-03-15.
- "EMCOR Group Subsidiary Awarded Electrical Contract at Georgia Gwinnett College". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 2013-06-03.
- "EMCOR Group Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Herbert Hoover Dike Reconstruction". Water & Wastes Digest. 2013-11-08.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract For Design/Assist And Electrical System Retrofit For Los Angeles Hall Of Justice". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 2012-01-09.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Multiple Award Construction Contract by NASA". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 2012-10-16.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. subsidiary awarded contract for George Washington's Estate in Virginia". World Construction Network. 2012-04-12.
- "Emcor Group Subsidiary to Install Fire Protection, Mechanical Systems for Ohio Medical Facilities". Medical Construction & Design. 2013-07-11.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Company Awarded Contract Extension for Labor Support for Palm Beach Resource Recovery Corporation in Palm". Bloomberg. 2012-03-21.