This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2021)
S&P 400 Component
|Anthony J. Guzzi, CEO|
|Revenue||US$8.8 billion USD (2020)|
|US$256.82 million (2020)|
|US$132.94 million (2020)|
|Total assets||US$5.064 billion (2020)|
|Total equity||US$2.053 billion (2020)|
Number of employees
|33,000 (2020) |
EMCOR Group is an engineering and construction company based in Norwalk, Connecticut, US.
Emerging in 1994 as a result of the bankruptcy of JWP, Inc., formerly Jamaica Water Properties Inc., EMCOR Group, Inc. has grown through an acquisition strategy focused on broadening company services by branching out into new geographical areas and moving into new markets.
In February 2020, EMCOR Group disclosed a ransomware incident that took down some of its IT systems. The incident was identified as an infection with the Ryuk ransomware strain.
Acquisitions have been as follows:
- 2002, EMCOR acquired the Virginia-based Consolidated Engineering Services Inc.
- 2002, EMCOR acquired 19 companies from Comfort Systems USA.
- 2002, EMCOR acquires New England Mechanical Services (NEMSI)
- 2005, EMCOR purchased Fluidics, Inc., a privately held mechanical services company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 2005, EMCOR acquired S.A. Comunale, Inc., a privately held fire protection and mechanical services company headquartered in Akron, Ohio.
- 2007, EMCOR acquired Ohmstede Ltd., the leading heat exchanger services provider in the U.S.
- 2010, EMCOR acquired Scalise Industries, a privately held engineering, facilities maintenance, and service company headquartered in Lawrence, Pennsylvania.
- 2011, EMCOR purchased Bahnson Holdings, Inc., a privately held mechanical construction services company headquartered in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- 2013, EMCOR acquired RepconStrickland, Inc., a privately held firm that included five recognized brands with capabilities encompassing turnaround and specialty services, including: shutdowns, overhauls, revamps, capital projects, engineering and constructibility reviews, project management, welding services, refractory services, tower services and emergency repair.
- 2016, EMCOR acquired Ardent Services, L.L.C. and Rabalais Constructors, LLC (collectively, "Ardent"), for a purchase price of $205 million in cash. Headquartered in Covington, Louisiana, and Corpus Christi, Texas, Ardent is one of the U.S. industrial and refinery electrical and instrumentation service companies. Ardent provides electrical, process control, equipment installation and automation services for the maintenance, repair, replacement and new construction of energy infrastructure.
- 2016, EMCOR acquired Newcomb and Company. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Newcomb is a HVAC commercial and industrial mechanical contractor.
- 2017, EMCOR acquired CCI Mechanical, Based in West Valley, Utah
Business units are as follows:
- EMCOR Construction Services
- EMCOR Building Services
- EMCOR Industrial Services
- EMCOR Government Services
- EMCOR Facilities Services
- B2 Rocket Test Stand at the John C. Stennis Space Center; Hancock County, Mississippi
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) - BART Coliseum/Oakland Airport Station to the Oakland International Airport; Oakland, California
- Caterpillar's Work Tools Campus; Wamego, Kansas
- Cayuga Milk Ingredients Manufacturing Facility; Auburn, New York
- Chobani Yogurt Plant; Twin Falls, Idaho
- City of Clearwater Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant; Clearwater, Florida
- Coast Guard Headquarters and Support Facilities; Government Service Administration (GSA) - St. Elizabeth's Campus; Washington, D.C.
- Consolidated National Operations Center of the U.S. Coast Guard Main Headquarters; Washington D.C.
- Department of the Navy, Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southwest (NAVFAC); San Diego County, California
- Directorate of Public Works at Fort Huachuca; Sierra Vista, Arizona
- Electrical Generator Plant - City of West Palm Beach; West Palm Beach, Florida
- Florida Inland Navigation District – Dredged Material Area; Nassau County, Florida
- Georgia Gwinnett College - Allied Health and Science Building; Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Herbert Hoover Dike; Okeechobee and Palm Beach Counties, Florida
- Los Angeles Hall of Justice; Los Angeles, California
- NASA John C. Stennis Space Center; Hancock County, Mississippi
- National Library - Museum of George Washington's Estate; Mount Vernon, Virginia
- Northeast Ohio Medical University Health and Wellness Center; Rootstown, Ohio
- Palm Beach Resource Recovery Corporation - Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County; West Palm Beach, Florida
- "Albemarle and Fortive Set to Join the S&P 500; EMCOR to Join S&P MidCap 400; Inteliquent to Join S&P SmallCap 600". June 23, 2016. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- "Form 10-K". www.sec.gov. Emcor.
- "EMCOR Group - About Us".
- "EMCOR Group". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-12-18.
- "Frank MacInnes OF EMCOR Group: In tragedy, opportunity". Institutional investor. 1 November 2001. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- Cimpanu, Catalin. "Ryuk ransomware hits Fortune 500 company EMCOR". ZDNet. Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- "EMCOR acquires big facilities manager". Contractor Magazine. 50 (2). 2003.
- "EmcorAcquires Comfort Systems' Subsidiaries". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 16 February 2002.
- "History :: EMCOR Service New England Mechanical". www.nemsi.com. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "EMCOR buys Comunale". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 12 February 2005.
- "EMCOR buys Comunale". Contractor. 11 January 2006.
- "EMCOR to acquire Ohmstede for about $455 mln". Reuters. 21 August 2007.
- Juliano, Michael C (25 February 2010). "Emcor buys Scalise Industries". Stamford Advocate.
- Craver, Richard (2 February 2011). "Bahnson Holdings to be acquired by Emcor Group". Winston-Salem Journal.
- "EMCOR to Acquire RepconStrickland". Zacks.com. 20 June 2013.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Completes Acquisition of Ardent Services and Rabalais Constructors". Reuters. 15 April 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- "EMCOR Group Acquires Newcomb". Mergr. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "EMCOR Group Acquires Salt Lake City's CCI Mechanical". ENR. 22 March 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2021.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Restoration of Rocket Test Stand by NASA at John C. Stennis Space Center". Reuters. 28 November 2012. Archived from the original on 16 April 2014.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Complete Installation of Electrical Systems for BART at Oakland International Airport". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 2 April 2012.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Mechanical Systems at Caterpillar Facility". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 5 March 2012.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Mechanical Systems at Caterpillar Facility". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 24 January 2013.
- "Chobani, Inc. Opens World's Largest Yogurt Plant in Twin Falls, Idaho". Daily Finance. 17 December 2012.
- "City of Clearwater Florida Awards RO Water Plant Contract". Storm Water Solutions. 19 June 2013.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Coast Guard Contract". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 31 July 2013.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Design/Build of Electrical Systems for Consolidated National Operations Center for U.S. Coast Guard Main Headquarters". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 12 April 2012.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Design/Build of Electrical Systems for Consolidated National Operations Center for U.S. Coast Guard Main Headquarters". RediNews.com. 11 December 2013. Archived from the original on 16 April 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "EMCOR Group Company Awarded Contractor for Electrical Generator Facility for Florida City". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 15 March 2012.
- "EMCOR Group Subsidiary Awarded Electrical Contract at Georgia Gwinnett College". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 3 June 2013.
- "EMCOR Group Subsidiary Awarded Contract for Herbert Hoover Dike Reconstruction". Water & Wastes Digest. 8 November 2013.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Subsidiary Awarded Contract For Design/Assist And Electrical System Retrofit For Los Angeles Hall Of Justice". Electrical Construction & Maintenance. 9 January 2012.
- "EMCOR Subsidiary Awarded Multiple Award Construction Contract by NASA". Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration News. 16 October 2012.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. subsidiary awarded contract for George Washington's Estate in Virginia". World Construction Network. 12 April 2012. Archived from the original on 16 April 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Emcor Group Subsidiary to Install Fire Protection, Mechanical Systems for Ohio Medical Facilities". Medical Construction & Design. 11 July 2013.
- "EMCOR Group, Inc. Company Awarded Contract Extension for Labor Support for Palm Beach Resource Recovery Corporation in Palm". Bloomberg. 21 March 2012. Archived from the original on 2014-04-16.