Emerald City (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Emerald City is the capital city of the fictional Land of Oz in L. Frank Baum's Oz books and in the 1939 film adaptation The Wizard of Oz.
Emerald City may also refer to:
- Emerald City Comicon, an annual comic book convention in Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- A former theme of the MGM Grand hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
Film and television
- The Emerald City of Oz, a 1987 Canadian film adaption of L. Frank Baum's book by the same title in the Oz series
- Emerald City (film), a 1988 Australian film starring Nicole Kidman, adapted from David Williamson's play by the same title
- Emerald City prison unit in the fictional Oswald Maximum Security Prison of HBO's Oz television series (1997–2003)
- "The Emerald City" (Boardwalk Empire), the title of the tenth episode of the first season of the HBO television series Boardwalk Empire (2010)
- Emerald City (TV series), a 2017 American fantasy television series on NBC
- The Emerald City of Oz (1910), the sixth book in L. Frank Baum's Oz series, adapted into a 1987 Canadian film with the same title
- Emerald City (play), a 1987 satirical play by David Williamson about the Australian film industry that was adapted into a film with the same title
- Emerald City (magazine), a science fiction fanzine published from 1995–2006
- "Emerald City" (The Seekers song), recorded as a single in 1967
- Emerald City (Teena Marie album), released in 1986
- Emerald City (John Vanderslice album), released in 2007
- The Emerald City (Melanie Doane album), released in 2011
- The Emerald City (The Tossers album), released in 2013
Places nicknamed "Emerald City"
- Dublin, Georgia, U.S.
- Esmeraldas, Ecuador
- Eugene, Oregon, U.S.
- Green Zone, International Zone of Baghdad, Iraq
- Greenville, North Carolina, U.S.
- Greenwood, South Carolina, U.S.
- Los Angeles, California, U.S., in the 1920s
- Muntinlupa, Philippines
- Oracle Corporation headquarters in Redwood Shores, California, U.S.
- Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Syracuse, New York, U.S.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Washington, D.C. Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Kensington, Maryland, U.S.
- Wichita, Kansas, U.S.
- Green City (disambiguation)
- Imperial Life in the Emerald City, a 2006 book about the Baghdad Green Zone by Rajiv Chandrasekaran
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Emerald City.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.