Emerald Group Publishing
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Headquarters location||Bingley, West Yorkshire, England|
|Distribution||Turpin Distribution (books)|
|Key people||Dr Keith Howard; Group Board Richard Bevan; Chairman; Vicky Williams; CEO|
|Publication types||Academic journals, books, book series|
|Nonfiction topics||Management, business, social sciences, library studies, education, health and social care, engineering and more|
|No. of employees||250 (2015)|
Emerald Publishing Limited is a scholarly publisher of academic journals and books in the fields of management, business, education, library studies, health care, and engineering. It was founded in the United Kingdom in 1967 and has its headquarters in Bingley. Formerly MCB UP Ltd, the publisher changed its name to Emerald in 2002 following the success of its Emerald Fulltext database.
The acquisition of health and social care publisher Pier Professional Limited took place in 2011.
In June 2015, the Emerald acquisition of GoodPractice was announced. GoodPractice is a provider of support tools for leaders and senior managers.
In 2017 Emerald became the title sponsor of Headingley Stadium with it being renamed Emerald Headingley. As part of the deal the new main stand was named The Emerald Stand.
In 2018 Vicky Williams was appointed as CEO of Emerald Publishing.
- "For Booksellers". Emerald Group Publishing. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- de Verteuil, Sue (December 2001). "Emerald, the new name and vision for MCB UP Ltd". Interlending & Document Supply. 29 (4). doi:10.1108/ilds.2001.12229daa.001.
- Jones, Philip (28 January 2008). "Emerald acquires Elsevier titles". thebookseller.com. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- Holland, Chris (17 March 2011). "£25m growth bid by Emerald". Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Newsquest Media Group. Archived from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Research Information". researchinformation.info. 1 January 1970. Archived from the original on 14 July 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Vicky Williams is appointed CEO of Emerald Publishing". STM Publishing News. 12 January 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2019.