|Pierre Legras, MD
Gordon Forrest, CEO
Emeraude Ferries was a shipping company which operated vehicle and passenger ferries between the French city of Saint-Malo and the Channel Islands. The company ceased trading in May 2006 following strong competition and difficulties in finding a suitable vessel for the 2006 season.
Emeraude Ferries was founded in 1904 as Bateaux de la Cote D'Emeraude. In 1988 the company rebranded its ferry services as Emeraude Lines.
Competition arrived in March 2003 when Condor Ferries were granted a licence to carry cars from Jersey to St Malo. Previously only Emeraude Lines was permitted to carry cars and passengers to St Malo direct from Jersey.
- BBC News "Ferry firm resumes link to France", accessed 5 May 2011
- http://www.ferries.org "Emeraude Ferries", accessed 5 May 2011
- BBC News "Condor to compete on ferry route", accessed 5 May 2011
- Jersey Evening Post "Emeraude takeover approved", accessed 5 May 2011
- BBC News "Emeraude creditors meet", accessed 5 May 2011