Emergence (TV series)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Production location(s)||New Jersey|
Emergence is an upcoming American mystery-themed thriller drama television series created by Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas for ABC Studios. Originally intended to be produced as a potential series prospect for NBC after it had ordered a pilot, the hour-long program was picked up by ABC, which added it to its 2019–2020 television schedule lineup, where it will air on Tuesday nights starting September 24, 2019.
A police chief on Long Island's Peconic Bay takes in a young child who she finds near the site of a mysterious accident, but soon discovers that the girl has no memory of what has happened or who she is. The child's mystery becomes more intense than expected when the chief starts investigating the past history that led up to the accident and the questions of how and why it happened. A series of bizarre electronic disruptions and unexplained forces are also at play, all tied to the young girl.
- Allison Tolman as Jo Evans, a newly divorced police chief and mother to teenage daughter Bree, who takes in the mysterious young girl Piper, and is determined to protect her from those who want the child
- Alexa Skye Swinton as Piper, a girl and survivor of the plane crash, who Jo takes in and is the center of the mystery that is tied to her.
- Ashley Aufderheide as Bree Evans, Jo's daughter
- Clancy Brown as Ed, an ex-firefighter, Jo's father, and Bree's grandfather, who is also battling cancer
- Donald Faison as Alex, Jo's concerned ex-husband and Bree's father
- Owain Yeoman as Benny, a investigator who works for Reuters
- Robert Bailey Jr. as Chris, a police officer
- Zabryna Guevara as Abby, a pediatrician and Jo's best friend
- Terry O'Quinn as Richard Kindred, a charming but ruthless multi-billionaire and head of Augur Industries, a tech firm with a mysterious and very secret agenda.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||U.S. viewers|
|1||TBA||Paul McGuigan||Tara Butters & Michele Fazekas||September 24, 2019||TBD|
On January 11, 2019, it was announced that NBC had given the production a pilot order as Emergence. The pilot was written by Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas who executive produces alongside Paul McGuigan and Robert Atwood. Production companies involved with the pilot include Fazekas & Butters and ABC Studios. However, NBC did not pick up the project, but ABC ordered the series on May 11, 2019. A day after that, it was announced that the series would premiere in the fall of 2019 and air on Tuesdays at 10:00 P.M. The series is set to debut on September 24, 2019.
In February 2019, it was announced that Allison Tolman and Alexa Skye Swinton had been cast in the pilot's lead roles. Alongside the pilot's order announcement, in March 2019 it was reported that Owain Yeoman, Donald Faison and Zabryna Guevara had joined the cast.
On August 19, 2019, it was announced that Terry O'Quinn will join the cast in a recurring role as Richard Kindred, described as a self-made billionaire who’s left countless professional and personal casualties in his wake. The head of tech holding company Augur Industries, he is equal parts charming and ruthless. He will go to great lengths to protect his company and reputation, and few would dare to cross him.
On May 14, 2019, ABC released the first official trailer for the series.
- Otterson, Joe (May 11, 2019). "Allison Tolman Pilot 'Emergence' Moves from NBC to ABC With Series Order". Variety. Retrieved May 17, 2019.
- Pedersen, Erik (July 2, 2019). "ABC Fall Premiere Dates: 'The Conners', 'Black-ish' & Spinoff, Cobie Smulders' 'Stumptown', Final 'Modern Family' Season & More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 11, 2019). "'Emergence' NBC Drama Pilot Gets Series Order At ABC". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- "Emergence – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (March 11, 2019). "'Emergence': Donald Faison To Co-Star On NBC Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 11, 2019). "NBC Pilot Orders: Musical Dramedy 'Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist' & Thriller Drama 'Emergence'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 14, 2019). "ABC Fall 2019-20 Schedule: Very Few Changes, 'The Rookie' Moves To Sunday, 'American Housewife' To Friday". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 14, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 7, 2019). "Allison Tolman To Star In NBC Murder Mystery Drama Pilot 'Emergence'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 27, 2019). "'Emergence' NBC Murder Mystery Drama Pilot Cast Its Young Lead, Robert Bailey Jr. & Clancy Brown Among Cast Additions". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (March 4, 2019). "'Emergence': Owain Yeoman Cast In NBC Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (March 15, 2019). "'Emergence': Zabryna Guevara Cast In NBC Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- Sippell, Margeaux (August 19, 2019). "Terry O'Quinn Joins Cast of ABC's 'Emergence'". TheWrap. Retrieved August 20, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (May 14, 2019). "ABC New Series Trailers: Cobie Smulders' 'Stumptown', 'Emergence', 'Black-ish' Spinoff 'Mixed-ish'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 14, 2019.