Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life
|Cover artist||Todd Gallopo|
|March 10, 2009 (US)
April 2, 2009 (UK)
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
ISBN 1-84767-527-1 (UK)
|LC Class||PN (US)
Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life (published as Emergency : One Man's Story Of A Dangerous World And How To Stay Alive In It by Canongate) is a 2009 book on survivalist preparedness by Neil Strauss. In the book, the author gains citizenship of the island nation of St. Kitts, visits a ranch called Gunsite to learn to shoot, and learns techniques for tracking and surviving in the wilderness. Comics are used as illustrations throughout the book, detailing survival techniques.
The book culminates with author responding to the disaster site of 2008 Chatsworth train collision as an emergency search and rescue team member.
- Muir, Kate (May 2, 2009). "Swine flu...recession...should we all be reading Neil Strauss to survive". The Times. London. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- McKinnell, Julia (March 26, 2009). "Neil Strauss - The Interview". Macleans.ca. Retrieved March 26, 2009.
- Esposito, Michael (March 21, 2009). "'Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life' author Neil Strauss plans for the worst". Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original on April 8, 2009. Retrieved March 26, 2009.
- Berton, Justin (March 15, 2009). "'Emergency,' by Neil Strauss". Sfgate.com. Retrieved March 26, 2009.
- Carpenter, Susan (March 10, 2009). "Neil Strauss is ready for any emergency". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 26, 2009.
- Leddy, Chuck (March 21, 2009). "'Emergency' gets inside the survivalists". The Boston Globe. Retrieved March 26, 2009.
|This article about a non-fiction book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|