Emerging Sources Citation Index
|Producer||Clarivate Analytics (Canada and Hong Kong)|
The Emerging Sources Citation Index is a citation index produced since 2015 by Thomson Reuters, and now by Clarivate Analytics. According to the publisher, the index includes "peer-reviewed publications of regional importance and in emerging scientific fields". It has been observed that among the databases produced by Clarivate Analytics, the Emerging Sources Citation Index is the easiest one to get into and that as a result it contains many predatory journals.
Together with Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Citation Index, the Emerging Sources Citation Index is accessible through the Web of Science.
- "ESCI Fact Sheet" (PDF). Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Beall, Jeffrey (28 April 2016). "The TR Master Journal List is not a Journal Whitelist". Scholarly Open Access. WordPress.com. Archived from the original on 2017-01-09. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Beall, Jeffrey (28 January 2016). "Bogus Iran-Based Journal Allows Up to 40% Plagiarism". Scholarly Open Access. WordPress.com. Archived from the original on 2017-01-09. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Web of Science platform (2015). "Available databases A to Z". Clarivate Analytics.
- Francisco J. Cantu-Ortiz: Research Analytics