|Full name||Emerson Palmieri dos Santos|
|Date of birth||3 August 1994|
|Place of birth||Santos, Brazil|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2014–2015||→ Palermo (loan)||9||(0)|
|2015–2016||→ Roma (loan)||16||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:10, 20 March 2017 (UTC).
Born in Santos, São Paulo, Emerson finished his formation in local Santos' youth categories, and made his first team debut on 17 April 2011, coming on as a late substitute for Keirrison in a 3–0 Campeonato Paulista home win against Paulista. His first start occurred on 21 January 2012, in a 1–1 away draw against XV de Piracicaba. In February, he returned to youth team, but in was called up to the match against Mogi Mirim in the following month. He also appeared against Ituano and Paulista, as the club was crowned champions of Paulistão for the third consecutive time.
On 25 August 2014, Emerson was loaned to Serie A's Palermo, with a buyout clause. He made his debut in the competition on 24 September, coming on as a second half substitute for Fabio Daprelà in a 3–3 away draw against Napoli.
Emerson played nine league matches for the club, being mainly a backup to another new signing, Achraf Lazaar.
On 31 August 2015, Emerson joined fellow league team Roma, on loan for one year. A second-choice behind Lucas Digne, he made his debut for the club on 4 October in a 4–2 away win against former side Palermo.
Emerson scored his first goal in the main category of Italian football on 14 May 2016, in a 3–1 away win against Milan; after replacing Stephan El Shaarawy in the 78th minute, he netted his team's third after a rebound. His loan was extended for a further season on 7 July.
Emerson represented Brazil at under-17 level during the 2011 South American Under-17 Football Championship and during 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup, being crowned champions of the former. He was an undisputed starter during both tournaments, scoring a goal against Chile on 16 March 2011.
Emerson has Italian ancestry on his mother's side.
- As of 20 March 2017
|Palermo (loan)||2014–15||Serie A||9||0||—||0||0||—||—||9||0|
|Roma (loan)||2015–16||Serie A||8||1||—||1||0||0||0||—||9||1|
- Brazil U17
- "Após estreia, revelação santista já fala em substituir Léo à altura" [After debut, Santos' pearl already talks about replacing Léo in the same level] (in Portuguese). Terra. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Lateral Emerson Palmieri e outros dois jogadores retornam à base do Santos" [Full-back Emerson Palmieri and two other players return to Santos' youth setup] (in Portuguese). Lancenet. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Muricy relaciona time reserva para encarar o Mogi Mirim" [Muricy lists reserve team to face Mogi Mirim] (in Portuguese). globoesporte. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Com pênalti polêmico, Fla vence reservas do Santos em má atuação" [With polemic penalty, Fla beats Santos' reserves in poor performance] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 17 June 2012.
- "Emerson Palmieri é emprestado ao Palermo" [Emerson Palmieri is loaned to Palermo] (in Portuguese). Santos' official website. 25 August 2014.
- "Napoli 3–3 Palermo". Football Italia. 24 September 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "AS Roma sign Emerson Palmieri". AS Roma official website. 31 August 2015.
- "Milan 1–3 Roma". Football Italia. 14 May 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Empréstimo de Emerson, do Santos, ao Roma tem item de venda automática" [Loan of Emerson, from Santos, to Roma has automatic transfer item] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 7 July 2016. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "Emerson Palmieri completa 12 jogos pela Roma e rende R$ 7 mi ao Santos" [Emerson Palmieri completes 12 matches for Roma and worths R$ 7 mi to Santos] (in Portuguese). Lance!. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "Emerson: "Chiamatemi solo Emerson, perché..."" [Emerson: "Call me only Emerson, because..."] (in Italian). Mediagol.it. 12 September 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- Emerson Palmieri at Soccerway. Retrieved 19 January 2015.