Emery Secondary School
|Emery Secondary School|
|1100 47Th St.
Emeryville, California, USA 94608-2908
|School district||Emery Unified School District|
Emery Secondary School is a high school in Emeryville, California, USA for 7th through 12th grades. It is part of the Emery Unified School District. The school has an enrollment of around 350 students. Emery Secondary School was formerly Emery High School but, after the closure of Emery Middle School, it became a secondary school with the addition of the 7th and 8th grades.The school will close in 2012 and be replaced by a new K-12 school.
The school competes in the Bay Counties League - East. At the 2003 National Chess Education Association tournament in Anaheim, the Emery Chess Club secured first place in the 8th, 11th and 12th grade categories.
- Darnell Robinson, retired American professional basketball player. While at Emery High, he was the leading scorer in California men's high school basketball history.
- Edyth May Sliffe, 1901–1986, gave her name to an annual award by the Mathematical Association of America.
- "Emery Secondary School", National Center for Education Statistics, accessed June 7, 2009.
- "City of Emeryville Memorandum", Patrick D. O'Keeffe, City Manager, City of Emeryville, October 2008.
- "AD Board Members", Bay Area Conference, December 1, 2008.
- "Emery Chess Club checkmates foes", Meredith May, San Francisco Chronicle, December 19, 2003.
- "Arkansas Star Robinson Opts For NBA Draft", Contra Costa Times, March 27, 1996.
- "Emery's Big Package Awaits Brethren Christian in Final Basketball: Darnell Robinson, 6-11, is expected to power his team's offense in the Division V State championship game", Los Angeles Times, March 16, 1993.
- "History of the Awards and Edyth May Sliffe", University of Nebraska–Lincoln, January/February 1989.