Emery Secondary School
|Emery Secondary School|
|1100 47th St.
Emeryville, California, 94608-2908
|School district||Emery Unified School District|
Emery Secondary School is a high school in Emeryville, California, United States for 7th through 12th grades. It is part of the Emery Unified School District. The school has an enrollment of around 350 students. Emery Secondary School was formerly Emery High School; after the closure of Emery Middle School, it became a secondary school with the addition of the 7th and 8th grades. The school building was scheduled to close in 2012 and be replaced by a new K-12 school.
- Darnell Robinson, retired professional basketball player; while at Emery High, he was the leading scorer in California men's high school basketball history
- Edyth May Sliffe, 1901–1986, namesake of an annual award by the Mathematical Association of America
- "Emery Secondary School", National Center for Education Statistics, accessed June 7, 2009.
- "City of Emeryville Memorandum", Patrick D. O'Keeffe, City Manager, City of Emeryville, October 2008.
- "About Us." Emery Unified School District. Retrieved on May 7, 2016. "Emery Secondary School Interim Address 915 – 54th Street Oakland, CA 94608"
- "AD Board Members", Bay Area Conference, December 1, 2008.
- "Emery Chess Club checkmates foes", Meredith May, San Francisco Chronicle, December 19, 2003.
- "Arkansas Star Robinson Opts For NBA Draft", Contra Costa Times, March 27, 1996.
- "Emery's Big Package Awaits Brethren Christian in Final Basketball: Darnell Robinson, 6-11, is expected to power his team's offense in the Division V State championship game", Los Angeles Times, March 16, 1993.
- "History of the Awards and Edyth May Sliffe", University of Nebraska–Lincoln, January/February 1989.