||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used.
|Region of origin
Emi (えみ, エミ, 絵美, 恵美) is a very common feminine Japanese given name and is occasionally used as a surname.
Emi can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- as a given name
- 恵美, "blessing, beauty"
- 絵美, "picture, beauty"
- 映見, "reflect, look"
- 映美, "reflect, beauty"
- 笑, "smile"
The given name can also be written in hiragana or katakana.
- as a surname
- Emi Fujita (恵美; born 1963), Japanese singer
- Emi Hashino (恵美; born 1973), Japanese comedian and stage actress
- Emi Hinouchi (エミ; born 1982), Japanese urban music singer-songwriter
- Emi Inui (絵美; born 1983), Japanese softball player
- Emi Kaneko (恵美; born 1965), Japanese politician
- Emi Kobayashi (恵美; born 1983), Japanese gravure idol
- Emi Kuroda (エミ; born 1978), Japanese actress
- Emi Matsui (江美; born 1963), Japanese javelin thrower
- Emi Motoi (えみ), a Japanese voice actress
- Emi Motokawa (恵美), a Japanese professional wrestler
- Emi Nitta (恵海; born 1985), Japanese voice actress and singer
- Emi Nonaka (絵美), a Japanese ice hockey player
- Emi Shinohara (恵美; born 1963), Japanese voice actress
- Emi Suzuki (えみ; born 1985), Chinese-Japanese actress and fashion model
- Emi Tawata (えみ; born 1984), Japanese singer
- Emi Uwagawa (恵美), a Japanese voice actress
- Emi Wada (惠美; born 1937), Japanese costume designer
- Emi Wakui (映見; born 1970), Japanese actress
- Emi Watanabe (絵美; born 1958), Japanese figure skater