Emich Carl, 2nd Prince of Leiningen
|Prince of Leiningen|
|Spouse||Princess Henriette of Reuss-Ebersdorf (m. 1787–1801; her death)
Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld
(m. 1803–14; his death)
with Princess Henriette:
Carl, 3rd Prince of Leiningen
Feodora, Princess of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
|House||House of Leiningen|
|Father||Carl Friedrich Wilhelm, 1st Prince of Leiningen|
|Mother||Countess Christiane Wilhelmine Luise of Solms-Rödelheim and Assenheim|
27 September 1763|
|Died||4 July 1814
Emich Carl, Prince of Leiningen (27 September 1763 – 4 July 1814) was a German nobleman.
He was born at Dürckheim, the fourth child and only son of Carl Friedrich Wilhelm, Count of Leiningen-Dagsburg-Hartenburg by his wife Countess Christiane Wilhelmine Luise of Solms-Rödelheim and Assenheim. On 3 July 1779 his father was made a Prince of the Holy Roman Empire, and Emich Carl became Hereditary Prince of Leiningen. On 9 January 1807 he succeeded his father as second Prince of Leiningen.
Emich Carl was married firstly, on 4 July 1787, to Henriette, youngest daughter of Heinrich XXIV, Count of Reuss-Ebersdorf, by his wife, Countess Karoline Ernestine of Erbach-Schönberg. They had one son together:
- Prince Friedrich Karl Heinrich Ludwig of Leiningen (1 March 1793 - 22 February 1800)
Henriette died on 3 September 1801, and Emich married a second time, on 21 December 1803, to Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, the fourth daughter of Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld by his wife, Countess Augusta Reuss of Ebersdorf, and a niece of his late wife. She bore him two further children:
- Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Emich (12 September 1804 - 13 November 1856); succeeded his father as third prince; married on 13 February 1829 Countess Maria Klebelsberg, and had issue.
- Princess Anna Feodora Auguste Charlotte Wilhelmine of Leiningen (7 December 1807 - 23 September 1872); married in 1828 Ernst I, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, and had issue.
Emich Carl died at Amorbach on the 4 July 1814 and was succeeded by his second surviving son.
His widow was married a second time to Prince Edward Augustus, Duke of Kent and Strathearn, fourth son of King George III of the United Kingdom. By him she had a second daughter, Princess Victoria of Kent, who would later become Queen of the United Kingdom.
|Ancestors of Emich Carl, 2nd Prince of Leiningen|
- Thomas Gehrlein: Das Haus Leiningen. 900 Jahre Gesamtgeschichte mit Stammfolgen. Deutsche Fürstenhäuser. Heft 32. Börde Verlag, Werl 2011, ISBN 978-3-9811993-9-0, S. 25
- Marek, Miroslav. "leiningen/leiningen6.html#EC". Genealogy.EU.[self-published source][better source needed]
Carl Friedrich Wilhelm
|Prince of Leiningen
Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Emich