|Date of birth||10 May 1993|
|Place of birth||Helsingør, Denmark|
|Height||1.94 m (6 ft 4 1⁄2 in)|
|Frem Hellebæk IF|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 February 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 November 2017
Brønshøj BK signed Berggreen from FC Nordsjælland in the summer 2012. In his first half season, Berggreen played 2 matches as a substituter for the first team and scored one goal, while he also scored 10 goals in 6 matches for the U21 squad. He signed a contract extension in January 2013 on two years. Berggreen had an excellent second half season, where he in total played 21 games and scored 12 goals. After this season, Berggreen had bids from clubs in the Danish Superliga and the Danish 1st Division. 
On 31 January 2015, he signed a 2 1⁄2-year contract with German 2. Bundesliga club Eintracht Braunschweig. On 8 February 2015, Berggreen made his debut for Braunschweig. He came on as a substitute in an 0–2 defeat on the 20th matchday against 1.FC Kaiserslautern, coming off the bench in the 69th minute for Raffael Korte. On 23 February 2015, made his debut in the starting line-up, in a 1–1 draw on the 22nd matchday against RB Leipzig, also scoring his first goal for Eintracht Braunschweig. On 25 May 2015, he came on as a substitute on the 31st matchday against FSV Frankfurt and contributed two goals to the 2–0 victory of his team.
He moved to Mainz 05 on 31 January 2016. Hobro IK received about 2 million Danish crowns for this sale. Already a month after his arrival, he got injured and had to get his knee operated. He was back in training in the summer 2016. But unfortunately, just weeks after his return, he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury and was out the rest of the season. So in the summer 2017, Berggreen still hadn't got his debut yet.
- "Ung Hobro-angriber fristet af Kroatien". bold.dk. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Emil Berggren". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Brønshøj beholder Berggreen‚ bold.dk, 1 February 2013
- Fire klubber har budt på Berggreen‚ bold.dk, 18 June 2014
- Hobro køber ombejlede Berggreen‚ bold.dk, 20 June 2014
- Eftertragtet Berggreen lukker ingen døre‚ bold.dk, 27 December 2012
- "Eintracht verpflichtet Emil Berggreen" [Eintracht signs Emil Berggreen]. eintracht.com (in German). 2 February 2015. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Ring macht beim Comeback den Deckel drauf". kicker online. Olympia Verlag GmbH. 8 February 2015. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Berggreen zeigt sein Können – Kaiser kontert". kicker online (in German). Olympia Verlag GmbH. 23 February 2015. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Berggreen ist sofort zur Stelle". kicker online (in German). Olympia Verlag GmbH. 2 May 2015. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Mainz 05 verpflichtet Emil Berggreen" [Mainz 05 signs Emil Berggreen] (in German). 1. FSV Mainz 05. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Emil Berggreen skal under kniven‚ bold.dk, 9 February 2016
- "Hobro-spiller på landsholdet: Det er stort". Tv2. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Dansk U21-landshold smadrer Bulgarien". TV2. Retrieved 10 September 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Ung Hobro-angriber fristet af Kroatien‚ bold.dk, 2 September 2014