Emilia Wickstead (born June 1983) is a New Zealand-born fashion designer based in London, England. In 2014 she won the Red Carpet Designer of the Year Award at the Elle Style Awards, and her clients include Samantha Cameron, and the Duchess of Cambridge.
Wickstead was born in June 1983, in Auckland, New Zealand to Angela Wickstead, a designer with a boutique in Parnell. At the age of 14 she and her mother moved to Milan, Italy. Wickstead studied fashion design and marketing at Central Saint Martins art school in London and interned in New York at Giorgio Armani and Vogue magazine.
At the age of 24, Wickstead's boyfriend gave her £5,000 to start her business. She created a small collection of clothes and held showings for family and friends in her living room, taking orders for made-to-measure items. Her work was featured in Tatler and UK Vogue magazines, and she was able to expand, opening a store in Belgravia, and employing a team of seamstresses. She had her first showing at London Fashion Week in 2012, and holds shows and consultations in New Zealand, New York and Milan.
- Shortlisted for the BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Shortlisted for a British Fashion Award for New Establishment Designer in 2014 and 2015
- Won the Walpole Award for Brands of Tomorrow 2015
- Shortlisted for the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2015
- Won Elle magazine’s Style Award for Red Carpet Designer of the Year 2014
- BFC Fashion Trust recipient 2014.
- Walker, Zoe (2010-07-01). "Profile: Emilia Wickstead". New Zealand Herald. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "WICKSTEAD GARGIULO LIMITED - Officers (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "How Emilia Wickstead conquered fashion". Stuff. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Mower, Sarah. "London Calling: Who Is
Emilia Wickstead?". Vogue. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Emilia Wickstead". The Arts Foundation. 2015-09-26. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "London Fashion Week - Emilia Wickstead". www.londonfashionweek.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- Codinha, Alessandra. "From Kate Middleton to Young Hollywood: Emilia Wickstead Brings Sloane Square Style to the Red Carpet". Vogue. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Kate Middleton's favourite fashion designer rips into Meghan Markle's wedding dress". 26 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018.