|Full name||Emiliano Ramiro Papa|
|Date of birth||April 19, 1982|
|Place of birth||Acebal, Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Left back / Left winger|
|2007–2008||→ Rosario Central (loan)||32||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 May 2016.
Papa made his debut for Rosario Central in 2002, going on to play over 100 games for the club. In 2006, he moved to Vélez Sársfield. However, after a single season with Vélez he returned to Rosario Central on loan, re-establishing himself in the starting lineup and captaining the team on several occasions.
After the season-long loan in Rosario Central ended, Papa returned to Vélez Sársfield and became the team's starter at left-back, relegating Pablo Lima. With Vélez, he won the 2009 Clausura, starting in all the 19 games of the tournament. On May 2010 he extended his contract with Vélez until June 2013.
Papa was also a regular starter in Vélez's 2011 Clausura and 2012 Inicial league titles. He also started for Vélez in the 2012–13 Superfinal and 2013 Supercopa Argentina titles. In 2014, the defender played his 300th game for the club (counting both domestic and international competitions), becoming one of the 10 players with most appearances in Vélez' history.
Papa was called up to the Argentina national team for a friendly match against Scotland on 19 November 2008, which was Diego Maradona's first game and victory as Argentina's manager (1-0). Papa was also a starter in Maradona's first defeat coaching Argentina, against Bolivia (1-6). He played 6 times during Maradona's era, but was left out of the final squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Under Alejandro Sabella's coaching, Papa was a starter with Argentina national team in both legs of the first annual Superclásico de las Américas, in Córdoba on 14 September 2011 and in Brazil on 28 September 2011.
|7.||September 14, 2011||Córdoba, Argentina||Brazil||0–0||Draw||2011 Roca Cup.|
|8.||September 28, 2011||Belém, Brazil||Brazil||2–0||Lost||2011 Roca Cup.|
- Vélez Sársfield
- Argentine Primera División (4): 2009 Clausura, 2011 Clausura, 2012 Inicial, 2012–13 Superfinal
- Supercopa Argentina (1): 2013 Supercopa Argentina
- "Closing '09 statistics". Argentine Soccer. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Hay Papa hasta el 2013" (in Spanish). Vélez Sársfield official website. 2010-05-13. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- Guillermo Tagliaferri (2014-10-16). "Emiliano Papa ya es un histórico de Vélez". Clarín (in Spanish). Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "Acuerdo por Papa" (in Spanish). InfiernoRojo. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- Argentina v. Scotland. TyC Sports. Retrieved 2010-5-14
- "Brasil y Argentina se enfrentarán en septiembre". FIFA. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Acreditaciones de prensa para Argentina-Brasil". AFA. Retrieved 29 August 2011.