|Full name||Emiliano Daniel Velázquez Maldonado|
|Date of birth||30 April 1994|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
(on loan from Getafe)
|2014–2016||→ Getafe (loan)||38||(4)|
|2016–2017||→ Braga (loan)||6||(0)|
|2017–2018||→ Rayo Vallecano (loan)||24||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 May 2018
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 July 2013
Emiliano Daniel Velázquez Maldonado (born 30 April 1994) is an Uruguayan footballer who plays for Spanish club Rayo Vallecano, on loan from Getafe CF, and owned by Atlético Madrid as a central defender.
Born in Montevideo, Velázquez graduated from local Danubio F.C.'s youth system, and made his first-team debut on 3 June 2012, starting and being sent off in a 1–2 away loss against C.A. Bella Vista. It was his maiden appearance of the campaign.
Velázquez appeared regularly in the 2012–13 season, appearing in 24 matches (all starts, 2106 minutes of action), as his side finished dead last in Apertura but was fifth in Clausura. On 31 August 2013 he scored his first professional goal, netting the last of a 2–1 away win against Liverpool F.C. Montevideo; he was an ever-present figure during the club's winning campaign.
On 27 August 2014, Velázquez signed a five-year deal with Atlético Madrid, and the following day he was loaned to Getafe CF for the 2014–15 season. He made his La Liga debut on 28 September, starting in a 1–0 home win against Málaga CF.
Velázquez scored his first goal in the main category of Spanish football on 21 December, netting the last in a 1–1 draw at Granada CF. After contributing with 27 appearances and avoiding relegation, his loan was extended for another year on 2 July 2015.
After an unassuming loan spell at Primeira Liga side S.C. Braga, Velázquez returned to Getafe on 26 July 2017, also in a one-year loan deal. On 24 August, however, he joined Segunda División club Rayo Vallecano on a season-long loan from the latter.
|1.||6 June 2012||Estadio Gran Parque Central, Montevideo, Uruguay||United States||3–1||4–2||Friendly match|
- "Bella Vista 2 – Danubio 1" (in Spanish). Futbol.com.uy. 3 June 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "Danubio le dio vuelta" [Danubio gave it back] (in Spanish). Ovación Digital. 31 August 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "Agreement with Danubio for the transfer of Emiliano Velázquez". Atlético Madrid. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Velázquez azulón" [Velázquez azulón] (in Spanish). Getafe's official website. 28 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "El Getafe espanta fantasmas con la fuerza de Yoda" [Getafe scares off ghosts with Yoda's force] (in Spanish). Marca. 28 September 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "Pedro León y Velázquez rescatan un punto en Granada" [Pedro León and Velázquez rescue a point in Granada] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 21 December 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "El Getafe cierra las cesiones de Medrán y Velázquez" [Getafe completes the loans of Medrán and Velázquez] (in Spanish). Marca. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "Velázquez vuelve al Getafe" [Velázquez returns to Getafe] (in Spanish). Getafe CF. 26 July 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Emiliano Velázquez nuevo jugador del Rayo Vallecano" [Emiliano Velázquez new player of Rayo Vallecano] (in Spanish). Rayo Vallecano. 24 August 2017. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- Tabárez convoca a juveniles Gastón Silva y Emiliano Velázquez ante Colombia (Tabárez calls up young players Gastón Silva and Emiliano Velázquez against Colombia); ABC, 8 September 2013 (in Spanish)